Connecticut judge found Information warfare host Alex Jones Defaulting to responsibility in a defamation lawsuit filed by the parents of the child killed in the case on Monday Sandy Hook The elementary school opened fire after conspiracy theorists claimed that the massacre was a hoax.
The judge’s ruling cited Jones’s refusal to comply with the court’s decision or hand over evidence, which means that the jury will decide how much damage Jones should pay to his family.
Soon after the judge made the ruling, Jones continued his show and said that he was deprived of a fair trial.
“These people again did not allow me to be tried by the jury because they knew that what they said I was supposed to do did not happen,” he said. “They know they have no reason to claim compensation. So the judge says you are guilty, and now the jury decides how guilty you are. It is innocent until proven guilty.”
Judge Barbara Bellis made a rare default judgment in the case because she said Jones and his companies Infowars and Free Speech Systems failed to hand over documents, including records, which may show how they And whether to profit from it. Spread misinformation about school shootings and other mass killings.
Jones’ lawyer, Norman Pattis (Norman Pattis), said he plans to appeal Bayliss ruling on breach of contract.
“This ruling has neither a legal basis nor a factual basis,” Patis said in an email. “We still believe that, in the end, the Sandy Hooks cannot prove liability or damage. We think their lawyers knew this; therefore, they worked desperately to obtain a breach of contract.”

His lawyer requested that Bayliss be removed from the case, claiming that she was unfair.
The outcome of this ruling is the same as the jury’s ruling that the case is beneficial to the family. The jury will now determine the damages.
In the December 2012 shooting, 20 first-year students and 6 educators were killed. The gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, killed his mother at their home in Newtown before the shooting and committed suicide at the school when police arrived, officials said.
The shooting was described in Jones’ Infowars show as a scam involving actors aimed at strengthening gun control. Jones later admitted that the school shooting did happen.
The families of the victims stated that they received harassment and death threats from Jones’ followers due to a mischievous conspiracy on Infowars. They sued Jones and his company for defamation and emotional distress. The damages hearing before the jury is expected to be held next year.
“From Judge Bayliss’ ruling, it is clear that Alex Jones and Jones’s defendants have committed long-term and continuous misconduct in this case, aimed at preventing the plaintiff from obtaining information about Mr. Jones’ business and his publication. Evidence for the motive of the lie is about them and their families,” said Christopher Mattei, a Connecticut lawyer who sued the relatives of the eight victims of Jones.
Some parents of children killed in the shooting left messages.

The Texas state judge recently issued Similar rulings against Jones in three defamation suits The Sandy Hook family filed a lawsuit in the state, ruling that Jones should be liable for damages after he and his company breached the contract due to failure to hand over documents. He also ordered a hearing on damages.
In one of the lawsuits, a judge in Texas ordered Jones to pay $100,000 in legal fees in 2019 and refused to dismiss the lawsuit. A jury in Wisconsin awarded $450,000 in a lawsuit against a conspiracy theory writer by one of the parents, excluding Jones, who claimed that the massacre never happened.
In the three lawsuits in Connecticut, Jones had previously been sanctioned for violating multiple orders to surrender documents and the outburst of anger against Mattei on his online show. A judge barred Jones from moving to dismiss the case-a ruling that was upheld after appealing to the Supreme Court of the United States. Refused to hear Jones’ April appeal.
© 2021 Canadian Media



