This post may contain affiliate links to help keep this content free. (full disclosure)
this Avocado Corn Salad Recipe Combine creamy, juicy and crunchy ingredients in one mouthwatering summer dish. I often make this for kids who love corn – but I’m still a little hesitant with so many veggies in the salad.as Chopped Avocado Caprese Salad and Baby Kale Avocado Saladthis Corn Tomato Avocado Salad Add creamy, healthy fats to every bite, perfect for your favorites summer meal.
Despite the corn in it, this salad is surprisingly low in carbs. However, if you don’t eat corn (Corn itself is not low carb), You can try Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad Instead, it’s very similar, but without the corn.
Why You’ll Love This Avocado Corn Salad Recipe
- Fresh and refreshing flavor
- So many textures: creamy avocado, juicy corn kernels and tomatoes, and crunchy cucumbers
- Made in 10 minutes, using simple ingredients
- Rich in vegetables, naturally rich in healthy fats and fiber
- The perfect side dish for barbecues and summer potluck
ingredients you need
This section explains how to choose the best toppings for corn and avocado salad, the role of each in the recipe, and substitution options. See recipe card below for measurements.
- avocado – Use fully ripe avocados. Tip: To make sure the avocado is ripe but not too brown, pop off the tip of the stem. The outside should be soft, but the inside should be bright green when you remove the stem tip, not brown.
- Persian Cucumber – This is a small cucumber with delicate skin. You can also use part of an English cucumber, or any cucumber you like.
- grape tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes will work too, or chop some if you have large tomatoes on hand.
- chili – Add a little heat. Remove the ribs and seeds if you want less heat, and leave them in if you like a spicy salad. I tend to ignore this completely when making salads for my kids.
- whole corn – You can use fresh corn, cooked corn, or corn cut from the cob. You can also use thawed frozen corn or canned corn. Either kind will make avocado corn salad, but it tastes best fresh. (Bonus: if you keep it fresh, you can make it with the husk Tamales! )
- lemon – Fresh lemon juice tastes best in this summer salad. You can also use fresh lime juice.
- fresh coriander – adds another layer of fresh flavor to this salad. Other fresh herbs, such as scallions or chives, also taste great. You can also simply omit it if you prefer.
- olive oil – Use extra virgin olive oil or any neutral oil you like for the best flavor.
- salt and pepper
How to Make Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
This section shows how to make a Tomato Avocado Corn Salad with step-by-step photos and details on the technique. See the recipe card below for full instructions.
- mix. Combine avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, jalapeños, and corn in a salad bowl. Mix until well mixed.
- Prepare dressing. In a small bowl whisk lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Finish. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Top with cilantro.
Change and service concept
You can serve this Avocado Corn Tomato Salad in so many ways! Try these variations.
- add cheese – Cotija, Parmesan, or Feta add extra saltiness.
- more vegetables – Sliced red onion, minced garlic, or chopped bell pepper will work. Another popular variation is adding beans to a black bean corn avocado salad.
- including meat – Turn this salad into a bowl of rice and add Air Fryer Chicken Breasts or sirloin steak.
- serve – If you like a leafy salad, add some chopped romaine lettuce or spring mix. You will need to increase the amount of dressing accordingly.
- as a dipping sauce – Don’t use it as a salad, cut it a little finer and serve it with your favorite fries.
- make tacos – Fill with your favorite tortillas chicken shreds or barbecuethis Avocado Corn Salad, and your favorite easy meal.
- Shop: Place avocado and corn salad in an airtight container and refrigerate for 1-2 days. Avocados may brown slightly but are still safe to eat. It’s best to add fresh avocado if you can – so you can make the salad 3-4 days in advance.
- Meal preparation: Prepare and mix all vegetables except avocado ahead of time. Prepare the dressing and chop the cilantro and store separately. Add the avocado and mix the other ingredients together before serving.
What to Serve with Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
This salad goes perfectly with meat and seafood from the grill! Try these dishes:
More Summer Salad Recipes
If you love avocado corn salad, try these fresh and quick summer salads for your next meal.
Readers’ Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers who made this also checked out these recipes:
Avocado Corn Salad (10 Minutes!)
Loaded with fresh summer produce, this corn tomato avocado salad takes just 10 minutes to make. Great for BBQs and potlucks!
Prepare: 10 minute
All: 10 minute
Serving Size: 6 (Adjust the scale recipe)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Tap the time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while cooking.
In a medium bowl, add avocado, cucumber, grape tomatoes, jalapenos and corn. Mix until well mixed.
In a small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper and toss to combine to make the dressing.
Pour dressing over salad and mix. Top with fresh cilantro.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount per serving. Serving Sizes in Recipe Instructions Above.
fat 14.7 grams
total carbohydrates 10.6G
net carbs 5.3G
sugar 2.4 grams
Nutrition Facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about the calculation or why you get different results?see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste recipes to social media or websites. We want you to share the link with the photo. 🙂