This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (full disclosure)
Grilled Feta Tomatoes are an unexpected healthy appetizers Pair cream cheese with juicy cherry tomatoes for a soft and savory texture. This concept caught on on Tiktoker and it sounded so good I decided to make one myself!This Baked Feta Recipe Tastes Similar to the Sauce It’s in Grilled Feta Pastaalong with other vegetables and classic seasonings you can find elsewhere mediterranean cuisine (like Greek Salad)…and it was done in just half an hour.
Why You’ll Love This Baked Feta Recipe
- Rich and Creamy Feta Cheese
- Tender Mediterranean Vegetables
- Common, Simple Ingredients
- Less than 10 minutes of prep time
- Naturally gluten-free and low in carbohydrates
- A delicious taste of Greece in every bite!
Ingredients and Substitutes
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for your baked feta recipe, what each ingredient does in the recipe, and substitution options.For measurements, see recipe card below.
- feta cheese – This recipe calls for an 8 oz block of feta cheese. Crumbled feta would work, but wouldn’t have the same elegant look.
- cherry tomatoes – These can be dipped in the most delicious juice right out of the oven, but you can also use grape tomatoes. sun dried tomatoes If fresh is not your thing, that would be another great substitute.
- bell pepper – I used red and yellow, cut into thick strips. You can use any color you like.
- Kalamata Olives – I used pitted kalamata olives, but you can use regular black olives too.
- olive oil – Technically any oil will do, but I highly recommend Extra virgin olive oil for best flavor.
- garlic – Use fresh peeled and crushed garlic for the best flavor. Minced garlic is not recommended here, because it is easier to get angry.
- seasoning – season dishes with chopped fresh basil leaves, dried oregano, Sea Salt And Black Pepper.You can substitute other fresh herbs for basil, such as fresh thyme, or use italian seasoning instead of oregano.
Variation: Add spiciness.
If you want a little heat, sprinkle red pepper flakes among the other seasonings.
How to Make Baked Feta
This section shows how to make the best baked feta with tomatoes, with step-by-step photos and technical details to help you visualize it.For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see recipe card below.
- Season the vegetables. Add tomatoes, bell peppers, olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper 9×13 baking dish. Toss vegetables in oil and spices.
- Add feta cheese. Leave space in the middle, and place the feta cubes in the middle.
- bake. Cook the feta cheese with the vegetables in the preheated oven until tender.
- Brown. Increase the heat and continue cooking until the top of the Greek feta is lightly browned. Garnish with more basil, if desired.
- shop: Place baked feta, tomatoes, and olives in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Meal Prep: You can chop the vegetables ahead of time and store individually in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- Reheat: Heat leftovers in a baking dish in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
- freeze: Avoid freeze baked feta recipes as the flavor and texture of the cheese will change.
What to Serve with Baked Feta
The dish is delicious and aromatic. Serve it as an appetizer, or add extra flavor to other meals!
- bread and chips – Sliced baguette or pita chips would be a classic choice for this dish, or try a lighter option such as cloud bread or zucchini slices.
- green leafy vegetables – make it into a salad! A bed of leafy greens like kale, arugula, or spinach contrasts nicely with the mild creaminess of the cheese.
- cooked grains & Noodle – over cooked grains like quinoa (or my Mediterranean Quinoa Salad), rice grains, rice (or Cauliflower Fried Rice), and pasta (or Zucchini Noodles! ). A squeeze of lemon juice on top brightens it up.
- mediterranean route – Baked feta with cherry tomatoes goes well with main courses like Greek dishes stuffed tomatoes or juicy rack of lamb A complete meal.
- side dish – This dish doesn’t need anything added, but if you like, you can garnish it with fresh basil leaves or even drizzle a little Balsamic Glaze.
More Creamy Appetizer Recipes
Cheese can be turned into many incredible dips! Try these tasty ideas next.
Baked Feta Recipe (So Easy!)
This warm and creamy baked feta recipe with tomatoes, bell peppers, olives and garlic is the perfect easy appetizer. Ready in 30 minutes!
Prepare: 7 minute
chef: twenty three minute
all: 30 minute
Serving Size: 6 (adjust according to recipe)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click a time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
Add tomatoes, bell pepper, olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper 9×13 baking dish. Toss vegetables in oil and spices.
Leave space in the middle and place the feta in the middle.
Baked Feta with Vegetables 20 minutes.
Increase heat to 400°F (204°C).bake 3 minutesuntil the feta is lightly browned on top.
serving size: 1/6 whole recipe
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
fat 19.1 grams
protein 6.7 grams
total carbohydrates 8.2 grams
net carbs 6.4 grams
fiber 1.8 grams
sugar 2.5 grams
Nutrition facts are provided politely. Questions about calculations or why are you getting different results?Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste the recipe to social media or websites. We would love for you to share a link with a photo. 🙂