This post may contain affiliate links to help keep this content free. (full disclosure)
Skip the tedious canned food…this Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipe Delicious full of fresh produce!i will show you How to Make Vegetable Soup Warm up from the inside out (just over half an hour) with your favorite seasonal ingredients.
Although I like to make hearty broths like Beef and Cabbage Soup and chicken soup,This is The Best Vegetable Soup Recipes Rely on when you need lightness that balances flavor and simplicity. Plus, it’s easy to customize!
Why you’ll love this easy vegetable soup recipe
- Delicious vegetables in a delicious tomato soup
- Common grocery store ingredients
- Just 30 minutes
- Stove and crock options
- Naturally gluten-free, low carb, keto, paleo, and has vegetarian options
- Easy to customize and manufacture
What’s in Vegetable Soup?
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for homemade vegetable soup, the role of each ingredient in the recipe, and substitution options.For measurements, see Recipe card below.
Vegetable soup recipes are a blank canvas so you can add almost anything. Here are the basic components you can customize to your liking and what’s in your refrigerator:
- broth – I use Low Sodium Chicken Broth. But you can make it vegan using vegetable broth, a vegetarian vegetable soup recipe.If that doesn’t matter, you can also make your own Homemade Bone Broth.
- vegetable – My vegetable soup recipe includes onions, bell peppers, minced garlic (fresh or shock), cauliflower, green beans, and diced tomatoes. You can also use other veggies: Try If you include vegetables, add them at the end of the soup.
- starch – I didn’t add any to keep the soup light, but to make it more hearty, you can add potatoes, corn kernels, butternut squash, carrots, beans (like chickpeas or white beans), or green beans. Cut larger vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- seasoning – In addition to the obvious salt and pepper, I add Italian seasoning, because it tastes great and saves the time of taking out multiple containers of seasoning.put in some dried bay leaves Also for the taste.
Variation: Try other additions for extra flavor.
Try these add-ons in any combination you like:
- Herbs: Basil, rosemary, thyme, parsley, sage, oregano, lavender, marjoram, tarragon (all fresh or dried). If you are substituting fresh herbs for dried herbs, triple the amount as their flavor is less concentrated.
- Ground Spices: Paprika (regular or smoked!) or turmeric would work great.
- Aromatics: Try lemon zest, ginger root, or star anise.
- black pepper: Swap white pepper, cayenne pepper or even red pepper flakes for black pepper.
Pick one flavor profile to stick with, or use a tried and true blend of seasonings, or choose a few herbs and spices as accents.
How to Make Vegetable Soup
This section shows how to make this 30-minute vegetable soup recipe, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique to help you visualize it.For complete instructions, including quantities and temperatures, see Recipe card below.
- Fried essence. in a hot oil large dutch oven Over medium fire. Sauté onions and bell peppers until softened. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- add vegetables. Add cauliflower, green beans, diced tomatoes, broth, seasoning and bay leaves (if using). Stir to combine.
- simmer. Bring the vegetable stock to a boil over medium-high heat.Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until Vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving. I like it with a little parmesan or fresh parsley.
Tips for the Best Vegetable Soup
This homemade vegetable soup recipe is easy and versatile, but if needed, you can adjust it as follows:
- Soup too sweet? Add a pinch of vinegar, salt, or Tabasco.
- Too bland? Add more salt or extra herbs and spices.
- Vegetable soup too spicy? A little heavy cream (or coconut cream) can tame spicy food. Or dilute with extra broth or some vinegar.
- Soup too salty? Extra tomatoes or some lemon juice will help.
- Vegetable soup too sour? Thin with cream or coconut cream.
- pH balance Sometimes just one soup is needed. Lemon juice or vinegar will increase the acidity, while heavy cream or coconut cream will make it more alkaline.
Alternative Cooking Method: Crock Pot
If you prefer to make vegetable soup in the slow cooker, simply sauté the onion, peppers and garlic from step 1 above on the stovetop first.Then, put them in Cylinder with other ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Shop: Store vegetable broth in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Meal preparation: Cut vegetables and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Reheat: Heat on the stovetop or microwave until hot.
Can you freeze vegetable soup?
Yes, you can freeze vegetable soup. Cool to room temperature, then pour into an airtight ziplock bag. Lay flat in the refrigerator until firm, then if desired, you can move them vertically to save space. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator (safe in a container or jar in case it leaks!).
More Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipes
Need more hearty, healthy soup recipes?Try These Homemade Chill Chasers or Find More healthy soup recipes here:
Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipe (30 Minutes!)
The Best Vegetable Soup Recipes – Comfortable, Delicious, Quick, Easy and Healthy! Learn how to make homemade vegetable soup in 30 minutes.
Prepare: 10 minute
chef: 20 minute
All: 30 minute
Serving Size: 12 (Adjust the scale recipe)
Click on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel Get healthy recipes every week! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Tap the time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while cooking.
Heat olive oil in a pan or dutch oven Over medium fire.
Add onion and bell pepper.saute 7 to 10 minutesuntil the onions are translucent and brown.
Add minced garlic.fried about 1 minuteuntil fragrant.
Add cauliflower, green beans, diced tomatoes, broth, and Italian seasoning. Adjust sea salt and black pepper to taste. Add bay leaves, if using.
Bring the soup to a boil.Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook about approx. 10 to 20 minutesuntil the vegetables are soft.
serving size: 1 cup
Amount per serving. Serving Sizes in Recipe Instructions Above.
fat 2 grams
protein 2 grams
total carbohydrates 11 grams
net carbs 8 g
sugar 5 grams
Nutrition Facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about the calculation or why you get different results?see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste recipes to social media or websites. We want you to share the link with the photo. 🙂