This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (full disclosure)
There are a million and one ways to make a jalapeño recipe, but this easy to bake Jalapeño Popcorn Recipe is my favorite! That’s because these Bacon Cream Cheese Jalapenos have crushed bacon on top (rather than wrapping it), which makes it extra crispy.Just 7 ingredients, 10 minutes of prep time, and 15 minutes of patience waiting for them to bake and they’re one of a kind fastest A delightful appetizer for game day or any day.
You’ll want to know how to make jalapenos for a fun snack any time of year, but especially on the tailgate of football season. They’re also the perfect addition to an appetizer platter for any other type of party.pair them with other healthy appetizers like a Cheese Balls, deviled eggsand Buffalo Cauliflower.
Why You’ll Love This Roasted Jalapeño Recipe
- Creamy and cheesy with a lively jalapeno flavor
- Crushed bacon on top for an amazing crunch
- 7 Simple Ingredients
- Quick prep in 10 minutes, ready in 25 minutes
- No frying or breading required
- Naturally Low Carb and Gluten Free
Ingredients and Substitutes
This section explains how to choose the best jalapeño bacon toppings, what each ingredient does in the recipe, and substitution options.For measurements, see recipe card below.
- chili black pepper – When you prepare the jalapenos, you can remove the stems if you want, or you can leave them on. It’s all up to you! The seeds and white chops add extra spice, so if you prefer something a little milder, just scoop them out when you prepare the jalapeños.Sometimes I also use these cream cheese jalapeños Sweet Mini Peppers Instead, my kids, because they can’t stand the heat of chipotle peppers.
- cheddar cheese – Shredded cheddar cheese brings classic flavor to this jalapeno popper recipe, but you can use any melted cheese you like, such as pepper jack, colby jack, or mozzarella.
- cream cheese – I used full-fat heavy cream cheese, but a low-fat or dairy-free alternative should also work if desired.
- green onions – Make sure to chop the scallions into small pieces so they don’t overwhelm the other ingredients.
- garlic – I use fresh minced garlic for the best flavor, but you can use canned minced garlic as well as. To use canned, you need 2 teaspoons equivalent to 2 cloves of garlic. In a pinch, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder can also be substituted.
- fresh cilantro – Chopped fresh cilantro adds a tangy, herbaceous flavor. If you don’t like this fresh herb, you can simply omit it.
- bacon – I have prepared a shortcut for you here – use store-bought bacon slices To save time! You can lightly fry them for 1-2 minutes to crisp them up before using them in recipes.However, if you have the time and want the tastiest results, make bacon in the oven or Air Fryer Bacon Fresh, then broken into pieces.
Variations: Prefer bacon-wrapped jalapeños?
use mine Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers Recipe do those. You can also cook this recipe in the oven instead, using the baking times below.
How to Make Jalapeños in the Oven
This section shows how to make a Bacon Cream Cheese Chipotle Burrito, with detailed step-by-step photos and technical details to help you visualize making it.For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see recipe card below.
- Prepare. Preheat oven. line a bakeware Use parchment paper or foil. Cut the jalapenos in half and remove the ribs and seeds.
- Mix the filling. In a small bowl, whisk/mash the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, scallions, cilantro, and garlic.
- Stuff the peppers in. Using a small spoon, pour the cream cheese mixture over the jalapeño halves. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Top with bacon. Sprinkle bacon bits over each jalapeño, pressing lightly into the cream cheese filling to help them stick together.
- bake. Cook the jalapeños in the oven until the peppers are tender and the bacon on top is crisp.
How Long to Cook Jalapeno Poppers?
At 400 degrees Fahrenheit, roasted jalapeños only take 15 minutes in the oven—perfect for when you’re in a rush for something spicy!
While this is a recipe for roasted jalapeños, you can also find them at Air fryer If you need to keep the oven idle.Do as written and cook in the air fryer (about 10 minutes at 325F), or try Air Fryer Jalapeno Pepperswith bacon wrapped on top instead of crumbled.
Tips for the Best Jalapenos
I do have a few extra tips to help you make this easy jalapeño recipe Easier!
- Wear gloves when handling jalapenos. The capsaicin in them can irritate your skin, or worse, sting like crazy if you touch your eyes later. Even with gloves on, wash your hands thoroughly after assembling the Bacon Cream Cheese Jalapeños. Believe me!
- Precook the bacon. Make sure your bacon is cooked first, as it won’t be crispy enough with raw bacon on top.you (you) can do it bacon in the oven, Air Fryer Baconor use store-bought bacon cubes as a shortcut.
- Use room temperature cream cheese. Make the cream cheese on the counter ahead of time so it’s easier to mix. If you forget, it can be softened in the microwave for 15-30 seconds (be sure to open the package first!).
- Use jalapeno seeds for more heat. If you like more spice, add jalapeno seeds and membranes. Stir them into the stuffing mixture, then stuff them into the peppers.
- Do not throw away excess filling. The exact amount of filling you’ll need will vary depending on the size and shape of the jalapenos, but the amounts in this cream cheese jalapeno popper recipe are usually pretty accurate.If you have extra filling, you can use that to spread almond cookies. (Some might even make more money just for dipping in… cough cough.)
- shop: It’s unlikely you’ll have leftovers (I mean, who puts those bacon jalapenos on a tray?), but if you do, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Meal Prep: Make the filling and assemble your homemade jalapeno recipe a few days in advance. Keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days, then bake them when you’re ready to eat.
- Reheat: To reheat Jalapeno Cream Cheese Popcorn, place them in a 350°F oven until warm.
Can you freeze Jalapeno Poppers?
Yes, you can freeze jalapenos. To assemble, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze until set. (You can do this before or after baking.) Then, transfer to freezer bags and store them in the freezer. They will keep for 1-2 months if frozen raw, or up to 4 months if baked and frozen.
To serve, place frozen poppers on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F until warm.
More Easy Hot Appetizer Recipes
If you liked this stuffed jalapeno recipe, here are some other easy hot appetizers you might like:
Jalapeno Poppers Recipe (with Crispy Bacon!)
Cream cheese, cheddar, crispy bacon and jalapeños is the easiest roasted jalapeño recipe. Ready in 25 minutes and full of flavor!
Prepare: 10 minute
chef: 15 minute
all: 25 minute
Serving Size: 12 (adjust according to recipe)
Click on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE COOKING CHANNEL Healthy Recipes of the Week! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click a time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while you cook.
In a small bowl, whisk/mash the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, scallions, cilantro, and garlic. (Reheat the cream cheese slightly if it is too firm.)
Fill the jalapeño halves with the mixture. Place on a lined baking sheet.
Top each jalapeño with about a teaspoon of crumbled bacon, pressing lightly into the cream cheese filling.
bake it 15 minutesuntil the peppers are tender and the bacon on top is crisp.
Serving Size: 1 jalapeño popper
Nutritional information is for each popper, but you can easily take more as a serving.
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
fat 4.5 grams
protein 2.7 grams
total carbohydrates 2.6 grams
net carbs 1.8 grams
fiber 0.8 grams
sugar 0.6 grams
Nutrition facts are provided politely. Questions about calculations or why are you getting different results?Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste the recipe to social media or websites. We would love for you to share a link with a photo. 🙂