Challenge yourself with this super smashing lower body exercise today!
No matter what your goals are, this exercise will allow you Feel accomplished and powerful!
We will combine power movements with isolated unilateral movements to reinforce any imbalances and support your alignment and functional movement patterns.
Today you will be training with Amanda, an excellent coach from Team Betty Rocker, so I hope you are ready to sweat!
Coach Amanda is a NASM and NESTA certified personal trainer, Crossfit level 1 coach, TRX qualified coach and Betty Rocker team coach Rock your life.
You will like this workout, I hope you like it as much as I do!
Want more exercise like this?Seize 30-day abs and booty challenge So you have to do a full month of abdominal and buttocks training every week to shape your abs and define your legs and buttocks! Comes with exercises for your entire body, with special emphasis on hips and core.
Lower body smashing circuit
Click to expand and view all exercise instructions.
Equipment: heavy objects (water bottles, dumbbells, etc.), elevated surfaces
Form: Perform each action in accordance with the prescribed time and repeat, and repeat 3 rounds.
Action 1: Sumo squat pulse (0:30)
- Standing, feet are wider than hips, toes are slightly eversion (Sumo), and the core is tightened.
- Lower your hips back, keep your chest up, keep your heels high, and follow your toes with your knees.
- At the bottom of the squat, raise your body by 2-3 inches with your heels, then fall back to get your pulse.
- Back to standing, forcefully pass through your heels and squeeze your hips at the top.
- Repeat within the specified time.
- MOD: Grab the object you want to help stabilize.
- Optional: Hold heavy objects in your hands to increase resistance.
Action 2: Reverse lunge upwards (8-12 on each side)
- Start standing in front of your chair or taking steps to tighten your core and straighten your chest.
- Withdraw your right foot behind you and begin to bend your back knee until it almost touches the ground at a 90-degree angle.
- When you stand up, use your front heel to make your back foot touch your front foot.
- Straighten your right leg forward and place your foot on a raised surface in front of you.
- Walk on the box through your front heel and stand up.
- Twist the movement by slowly pulling the left leg back and off the box while keeping the weight of the right foot (pay attention to control this movement, don’t just descend.
- Start with a reverse lunge, repeat the entire movement on the same side to perform all repetitions, then switch sides.
- MOD: Grab a chair or wall to help stabilize you, or start at a low altitude and step onto low steps or yoga blocks. You can also simply perform reverse lunges until you are confident in your strength and form.
Step 3: Jump the jack (0:30)
- Start standing with feet together, arms at your sides.
- While extending your arms above your head, jump your feet outward at the same time.
- Bring your feet together, put your arms back to your sides, return to the starting position and repeat.
- MOD: Stop jumping, just extend your feet from your head and raise your arms above your head at the same time.
Action 1: Squat down and keep stepping out R/L (0:30)
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your core joined.
- Lower yourself into a squat, keeping your knees following your toes, and returning your weight to your heels and back chains.
- Support yourself with your left side, lift your right foot off the ground, and then extend your right leg so that your toes touch the ground.
- Slowly retract your legs while keeping your torso stable, straighten your legs back, and place your toes on the ground behind you.
- Go back to the center and repeat and repeat within the allotted time.
- MOD: Don’t squat too deep and/or grab a chair or wall close to you.
Action 2: Raise the calf (15-20)
- Start to stand, keeping your feet apart from the hips.
- Lift your toes, and then slowly lower them (make sure you don’t shake back and forth).
- Optional: hold heavy objects with both hands.
Step 3: Alternate frame downgrade (0:30)
- Start standing on your box or raised surface.
- Place your left foot firmly on the box, bend your knees, and slowly and control your right foot to the ground.
- Put your foot on the ground, then forcefully pass through the left heel, back to stand on the box.
- Shift your weight to your right foot, then slowly drop with your left foot, alternating backwards within the prescribed time.
- MOD: Lower your height to a lower step or yoga block. You can even stand on a thick book or folded towel.
- Optional: Increase strength by jumping off the ground and swapping legs in the air.
The way rock stars appeared today!
Leave us a message below Let us know where you are exercising from today, how you can achieve your fitness goals, and what we can do to help you achieve these goals—— We are very happy to hear from you!
The perfect follow-up to this exercise is 30 day booty and abs challenge! Shape and adjust your entire body, with special emphasis on booties, legs and abs!