Sunday, May 24, 2026

Philippine Exchange expects record stock listings this year



The number of initial public offerings (IPOs) on the Philippine Stock Exchange could increase to a record this year, worth at least 150 billion pesos ($2.69 billion), according to Bloomberg. According to Monson, the guidance is based on existing IPOs and eight listings completed in the first half of the year that raised a total of P76.17 billion. He added that the IPO country could be worth P200 billion if interested companies file applications. While the number of IPOs this year will…

Philippine Stock Exchange President Ramon Monzon said the number of initial public offerings (IPOs) on the Philippine Stock Exchange could increase to a record this year, worth at least 150 billion pesos ($2.69 billion), Bloomberg News report.

According to Monson, the guidance is based on existing IPOs and eight listings completed in the first half of the year that raised a total of P76.17 billion.

He added that the IPO country could be worth P200 billion if interested companies file applications.

While the number of IPOs this year may be the highest ever for the exchange, the funds raised will not match the record IPO value of P234.48 billion last year, when just two share offerings brought in a total of nearly P70 billion.

Large IPOs planned for the rest of the year include a P28.2 billion share sale from Prime Infrastructure Capital and a P32 billion follow-on offer from Globe Telecom, Monzon said.

Public float requirements for index stocks remain unchanged

The exchange will impose a public float requirement of at least 20% on index stocks by December, and has urged three companies in the benchmark with public float below that level to comply.

Plans to raise the public float of listed companies to 25% and expand trading liquidity were put on hold, given the current weak investor sentiment, which the market may not be able to absorb, the exchange president said.

Regarding cryptocurrency trading in which the Philippine Stock Exchange has technical capabilities, Monzon said such offers will be put on hold until the rules and regulations for the industry are established.



Support ASEAN News

Investvine has been the unanimous voice of ASEAN news for over a decade. From breaking news to exclusive interviews with key ASEAN leaders, we bring you authentic and engaging coverage for free – the stories that matter.

Like many news organizations, we are struggling to survive in an era of reduced advertising and biased news. Our mission is to transcend today’s challenges and portray tomorrow’s world through clear, reliable reporting.

Support us now with a donation of your choice. Your contribution will help us understand important ASEAN stories, reach more people, and elevate the diverse voices of this dynamic and influential region.



Source link

Related articles

spot_imgspot_img