Served with fresh rosemary and a salt rim, this smooth Pomegranate Margarita Paired with sweet orange juice it’s a festive fruity cocktail you’ll love enjoying this holiday season. Made with tequila, Grand Marnier and pomegranate juice, every sip is bright and festive.
Tips on how to make Ultimate Margarita Check out my guide!
The best pomegranate margarita
If you’re hosting multiple personal gatherings this holiday season, this 3-Minute Pomegranate Margarita will become your new go-to cocktail. Filled with fresh juice and plenty of tequila, you’ll be dancing to every Christmas song as you sip.
To make sure this drink really gets you in the festive spirit, sweet orange flavored Grand Marnier is added. Don’t forget pomegranate, lime, and orange juice. Paired with spicy tequila and sweetened with agave nectar, it ticks all the boxes you could ask for in a margarita.
This happy pomegranate cocktail comes with a salt rim that looks like snow and plenty of ice, allowing you to shake it up and serve it in minutes. In case you’re expecting friends over, double or triple the recipe and serve in pitchers. Just be careful not to drink it before they arrive! You will be tempted.
Why You’ll Love This Pomegranate Margarita Recipe
Sweet, fruity cocktails are easier to drink and everyone loves them. This recipe will be a hit after the holidays!
- Solo Cocktail. These ingredients are enough to make a cocktail, which is perfect if you just want a few sips after a long day.
- Be prepared to be friendly. Prepare it ahead of time and serve it in pitchers so you can beat the holiday craze while still serving your guests delicious cocktails.
- Rich and fruity aroma. It has pomegranate juice, orange juice, lime juice and orange liqueur…it doesn’t get fruitier than that!
- Very suitable for beginners. Don’t worry if you’ve never used a cocktail shaker before. Just turn it off and shake!
what do you need
You can thank pomegranate juice for this drink’s lovely red color. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact quantities.
- Tequila – I like Don Julio or Jose Cuervo
- Grand Marnier – This is an orange liqueur.
- fresh lime juice
- Orange juice – Make sure it’s freshly squeezed and not bottled.
- Pomegranate juice – I prefer fresh juice, but store bought will work too.
- Agave Nectar – Feel free to use raw honey or simple syrup.
- Lime Wedge – This is a decoration. Pomegranate seeds are also effective.
What is the best tequila for this margarita?
White (also called “silver”) tequila is the best choice for this margarita recipe. It has a clean, sharp flavor that lets the pomegranate, orange, and lime juice flavors shine through.
How to Make Pomegranate Margarita
Technically you can do it in one step, but here’s the breakdown. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Fill the shaker. Add all ingredients to shaker and cover tightly.
- Shake it. Shake well.
- Serve. Pour the cocktail over an ice-filled glass and garnish with a lemon slice.
Tips and variations
Even if you’ve never made a cocktail before, these tips will help you master this pomegranate margarita recipe.
- Add rims. Dip rim of glass into lime juice. It is then soaked in salt, Tajín or Miguelito paprika and left to dry for 10 minutes. Pour in the cocktail and enjoy.
- Change wine. Tequila is a must, but feel free to swap out the Grand Marnier for triple sec.
- Make a mojito margarita. Place 2-3 fresh mint leaves in a shaker or mix into a glass to make a pomegranate mojito margarita.
- Add another decoration. Place a 3-inch rosemary sprig in your glass to make a pretty stirrer and add some vanilla flavor to your drink.
- Puree it. Mix cocktail with 1 cup ice to puree margarita.
- Swap juice. If you don’t have pomegranate juice, use cranberry juice. You can even choose 50/50.
This pomegranate margarita is great on its own as an afternoon drink! If you have friends over, you can offer some fruit appetizers to go with it.i love it and mine Mango Salsa and Strawberry Salsa.mine Pineapple Salsa is another good choice.If you want something a little more enthusiastic, try my Avocado Bruschetta.
Can I make a pomegranate margarita?
Absolutely! Just skip the ice before serving so the mixture doesn’t get watered down. Otherwise, double or triple the recipe and add all ingredients to the pitcher. Mix well. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
More Easy Margarita Recipes
Packed with tequila, pomegranate juice, and lots of citrus, this 3-minute Pomegranate Margarita recipe is the perfect solo cocktail.
- Place tequila, mandarin juice, lime juice, orange juice, pomegranate juice and agave nectar in a cocktail shaker. cover. shake.
- Serve over ice with lime wedges and pomegranate ariel.
- Serving size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 301
- sugar: 20g
- sodium: 4 mg
- fat: 0
- carbohydrate: 63 mg
- fiber: 1 g
- protein: 1 g
- cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Pomegranate Margarita, Pomegranate Margarita Recipe