This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. (full disclosure)
with all pumpkin recipes I have, and it’s time to share this timeless, versatile DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe. All you need is 5 minutes and 5 simple individual spices.If you’re looking for a pumpkin blend alternative that doesn’t have any sugar or weird ingredients, this one will do the trick so Quickly. You’ll wonder why you didn’t do this sooner.
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- Warm and aromatic flavor
- Just 5 simple pantry ingredients
- Only 5 minutes to prepare
- 100% natural, no added sugar
- You control quality and freshness
- Perfect for all kinds of pumpkin recipes
What is pumpkin pie spice?
Pumpkin spice is a spice blend made from ground cinnamon and other warming spices. It can be used to flavor pumpkin pie, cakes, cupcakes, pumpkin bread, and anything pumpkin-flavored!
Pumpkin Spice Ingredients and Substitutes
This section explains how to choose the best pumpkin pie spice ingredients, what each ingredient does in a recipe, and substitution options.For measurements see Recipe card below.
- Cinnamon – This is the base of pumpkin pie spice recipe and adds a warm and sweet flavor. Make sure your cinnamon is fresh so it retains its full flavor!
- nutmeg – Nutmeg has a unique flavor (you’ll recognize it!) and is slightly sweet.It is commonly found in baked goods and eggnog. Possible substitutes for nutmeg could be nutmeg powder or cardamom powder, which come from the same plant and have a similar flavor.
- ginger powder – Adds subtle kick and depth.
- Allspice powder – Contrary to the name, this is a unique spice with a warm and slightly peppery flavor.
- clove powder – These provide a rich and aromatic flavour. If you don’t have it or don’t like it, you can use more allspice as a substitute, although the flavor will be slightly different.
Is there sugar in pumpkin spice?
No, this pumpkin spice mix does not contain any sugar. Some store-bought versions do contain sugar or sweeteners, and sometimes even starches, which is one of the reasons I prefer to make my own!
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
Simply stir together all of the pumpkin pie spice mixture in a small bowl and place in an airtight container or small glass jar.
Tip: I like to use mini blender Stir. This helps break up the spice clumps.
If you want to make a big batch of pumpkin pie spice to use in recipes, go for it because it stores well!Keep it in an airtight jar, e.g. jar with lidsmall multi-purpose jars (i like these), or spice organizer In the cupboard. The shelf life can be up to 2-3 years, but the taste is best within 1 year.
How to use pumpkin spice
Now that you know how to make pumpkin pie spice, here are some delicious and healthy ways to use it:
- pumpkin group – Obviously, you’ll need this homemade spice blend to make traditional pumpkin pie, but if you want a healthier option, try mine Crustless Pumpkin Pie or make Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie and Almond flour crust.
- dessert – In fact, you can use this homemade pumpkin pie spice mix in almost any pumpkin dessert recipe.try mine Sugar-Free Pumpkin Cheesecakepumpkin pie, chewy pumpkin pieor health pumpkin bars.
- drinks – Use it to make hot dishes pumpkin spice latte.If you want pumpkin flavored coffee, make it with Sugar-free coffee creamer.
- breakfast – If you want a quick and easy pumpkin breakfast recipe, make it with this spice Almond powder pumpkin bread or crispy Chavreuse (There’s a pumpkin spice version!).You can even sprinkle it on to make pumpkin Granola.
- fruit – Sprinkle it over freshly sliced or diced apples, peaches, or even for a fall-flavored fruit treat apple slices.
How much pumpkin pie spice to use?
Most pumpkin baking recipes will be found in The entire recipe calls for 1-3 teaspoons. This is an estimate, but for best results, just follow the recipe you’re making.
On the recipe card below, One serving of pumpkin pie spice is 1/4 teaspoonwhich is a common amount in a single-serving pumpkin dessert.
More Simple Seasoning Recipes
If you want to make your own spice blends with clean ingredients and save money along the way, try these quick and easy homemade spice blend ideas:
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe (5 Ingredients!)
Learn how to make pumpkin pie spice with just 5 simple ingredients that you can use in every pumpkin recipe. It’s so easy!
Prepare: 5 Every minute
All: 5 Every minute
Serving size: 96 (Adjust according to recipe proportion)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where you get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click on the time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while cooking.
The last step: leave a rating!
Share your recipe images via tags @wholesomeyum and add tags to it #wholesomeyum exist Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1/4 teaspoon
Make 1/2 cup spice mixture. Most pumpkin baking recipes use 1-3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to make a batch of cookies, muffins, cakes, pies, and more.
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
total carbohydrates 0.8g
net carbs 0.3g
Nutritional facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you’re getting different results?Please check out our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste recipes Social media or website. We’d love for you to share a link with a photo. 🙂