This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. (full disclosure)
This is easy to bake Ranch Chicken Recipe It’s sure to become a family favorite.Chicken breast with ranch seasoningmozzarella cheese and Crispy Bacon. What’s not to like about it? The best part is, this Creamy Ranch Chicken only requires 4 common ingredients (you probably have it in your refrigerator) and takes just minutes to prepare. Win-win.
Ranch Chicken Recipe is an absolute favorite among Wholesome Yum readers (who doesn’t Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole or fried chicken? ! ), so this dish is suitable. With such a popular flavor combination, the whole family will love this dish.
Why You’ll Love This Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch
- Chicken is tender and juicy
- Just 4 simple ingredients (plus salt and pepper)
- 10 minutes quick prep time
- Healthy, Naturally Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Suitable for families and loved by all ages
Ingredients and Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for roasted ranch chicken, the role of each ingredient in the recipe, and substitution options.For measurements see Recipe card below.
- chicken – I would use boneless and skinless chicken breasts, but you can use chicken thighs if you prefer.You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on its thickness and whether it is used bone-in chicken legs Or boneless.
- sea salt and black pepper
- ranch seasoning – This is the main ingredient in flavor and makes for a creamy ranch chicken sauce.I like to make my own ranch seasoning For best flavor, but you can also use store-bought.For extra ranch flavor, sprinkle chicken with homemade ranch seasoning mix Or a store bought bag.
- fresh mozzarella cheese – The fresh variety melts perfectly, but you can use low-moisture shredded mozzarella cheese instead. Feel free to try other cheeses. Cheddar, Parmesan, or Monterey Jack cheese would also be delicious here.
- cooked bacon – my favorite way Cook bacon in ovenbut you can cook Bacon in air fryeron the stove, or making Microwave Bacon. It does need to be pre-cooked to be crispy in the final dish. To keep things simple, use 6 tablespoons store-bought bacon bits instead.
How to Make Ranch Chicken
This section shows how to make roasted ranch chicken, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique to help you visualize it.For full instructions, including quantities and temperatures, see Recipe card below.
- Season the chicken. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.Put the chicken in Large baking pan Or on a baking sheet.
- Add ranch and cheese. Rub ranch seasoning onto each chicken breast and top each breast with slices of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake. Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil, making sure the foil does not touch the cheese. Bake Creamy Ranch Chicken Recipe until slightly uncooked.
- Add bacon. Remove foil. Sprinkle chopped bacon over chicken. Bake until chicken is cooked through.
- Rest and garnish. Let the chicken rest and drizzle with more ranch and parsley if you wish.
Tips for the Best Pastured Chicken
- Do not crowd the baking sheet. It’s okay if the pieces touch a little, but they shouldn’t be too crowded or the cooking time will be too long and dry spots may develop.
- Delay adding bacon to prevent bacon from slipping. I tested this ranch chicken recipe with bacon from the beginning and most of it ended up being leave chicken. You can definitely put it back in later if you want, but add it near the end of baking and it will hold better.
- Use a meat thermometer. For the richest results, use Instant read meat thermometeror a probe thermometer (It will beep when the proper temperature is reached!). The chicken is done when its internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, or you can remove it from the oven at 162-165 degrees F as the temperature will rise a few degrees while resting.
- Don’t skip the remaining steps. This allows the juices to settle inside the meat so they don’t leak out when you slice it.
- Shop: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Meal Preparation: You can prepare lunches ahead of time by making the entire dish ahead of time and portioning your favorite items into meal prep containers healthy side dishes.If you want to prepare roasted ranch chicken for dinner, make ranch seasoning and cooking Bacon in the oven, and place them in the refrigerator. Assemble and bake before serving.
- Reheat: This chicken remains juicy even when reheated in the microwave, but it tastes even better if reheated in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- freeze: I do not recommend freezing this dish as the texture of the ranch will change.
What to Serve with Grilled Ranch Chicken
This Creamy Ranch Chicken feels like comfort food, so it goes well with starch, but it’s also rich, so veggies and low carb side dishes is a great way to balance this. Try this:
More Cheesy Chicken Recipes
From gooey melted cheese toppings to creamy sauces, these chicken recipes Will add something special to your dinner:
Ranch Chicken Recipe (4 Ingredients!)
This easy Creamy Roasted Ranch Chicken recipe only requires 4 ingredients + 10 minutes to prepare! The whole family will love this flavor combination.
Prepare: 10 Every minute
chef: 30 Every minute
All: 40 Every minute
Serving size: 4 (Adjust according to recipe proportion)
Click on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel Healthy recipes delivered every week! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post new videos.)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where you get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click on the time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Put the chicken in Baking pan, so that the pieces are barely touching, but not crowded. Coat each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of ranch seasoning. Top each with two slices of fresh mozzarella cheese.
Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil to prevent the foil from touching the cheese.baking 20 minutes.
Remove foil. Sprinkle chopped bacon over chicken.Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 more minutesuntil the chicken is cooked.
Let the chicken rest 5 minutes Before serving. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons ranch over chicken.
The last step: leave a rating!
Share your recipe images via tags @wholesomeyum and add tags to it #wholesomeyum exist Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1 ranch chicken breast
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
fat 35.6 grams
protein 67.8 grams
total carbohydrates 2.3 grams
net carbs 2.2 grams
Nutritional facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you’re getting different results?Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste recipes Social media or website. We’d love for you to share a link with a photo. 🙂