Replay Launches with $55 Million Seed to Reprogram Biology by Writing and Delivering Big DNA
- KKR and OMX Ventures lead $55 million seed funding round
- Replay’s genomic medicine toolkit encompasses a portfolio of disruptive platform technologies to write and deliver big DNA, including a high payload capacity HSV delivery platform, a hypoimmunogenic cell therapy platform, and a proprietary genome writing platform
- Company is led and supported by a world–class team of academics, entrepreneurs, and industry experts
- Innovative hub–and–spoke business model separates technology development from product development, leveraging Replay’s technologies within discrete product companies
- Five product companies have been incorporated to date
San Diego, California and London, UK, 25 July 2022 – Replay, a genome writing company reprogramming biology by writing and delivering big DNA, today announced its launch with $55 million in seed financing. The round was led by KKR and OMX Ventures, with additional participation from ARTIS Ventures and Lansdowne Partners, SALT, DeciBio Ventures, and Axial.
Replay’s portfolio of next-generation genomic medicine technologies aims to solve the key challenges currently limiting clinical progress, including the need for increased payload capacity and off-the-shelf cell therapies that substantially reduce cost of goods, improve production speed, volume and consistency, and expand the potential for genome engineering.