FREE: Healthy Freezer Recipes eBook
don’t need one whole turkey?this oven Roasted Turkey Breast The recipe creates juicy, impressive results, all in smaller portions such as Slow Cooker Turkey Breast! With its beautiful golden color, herb-filled skin and tender flesh, it’s the perfect centerpiece on your table.Same as my other one grateful and Christmas Recipe, it’s easy to learn how to roast turkey breast.
Why you’ll love this roasted turkey breast recipe
- Juicy turkey breast with crispy skin
- garlic and herb flavor
- Less than 10 ingredients
- Ready in just 10 minutes
- Faster roasting time compared to a whole turkey
- Perfect for small gatherings or when a whole turkey is just too much
Ingredients and Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for oven-roasted turkey breast, the role of each ingredient in the recipe, and substitution options.For measurements see Recipe card below.
- turkey – I used a 5 pound bone-in turkey breast, but you can also use a boneless turkey breast (usually with a net around it). See below for time differences. It will take approximately 1 hour to reach room temperature.
- butter – Allow unsalted butter to soften to room temperature before use so it is easier to spread.You can also use butter (clarified cream) as a dairy-free alternative.
- garlic – Fresh minced garlic will give you the best flavor, but if you’re pressed for time, you can use canned minced garlic instead.
- fresh herbs – For the vanilla buttercream, I used a combination of classic fall herbs: fresh thyme, rosemary, and sage.You can use any other compound cream. If necessary, you can substitute one teaspoon of dried herbs for each tablespoon of fresh herbs.
- spices – onion powdersea salt and black pepper.
How to Roast Turkey Breast
This section shows how to make a roasted turkey breast, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique to help you visualize it.For full instructions, including quantities and temperatures, see Recipe card below.
- Prepare turkey. Remove the gravy packet (if any) from the turkey and pat dry with paper towels.
- Make the vanilla buttercream. In a small bowl, mash together the cream, garlic, thyme, rosemary, sage, onion powder, salt, and pepper with a fork until smooth.
- Divide and season. Use your hands to separate the turkey skin from the meat underneath. Spread half of the cream mixture under the skin of the turkey. Spread the other half over the skin.Add turkey breast Comes with baking panskin side up.
- bake. Place the turkey breast in the oven and roast until 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- rest. Remove from oven and tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let it rest before slicing.
How long does it take to roast a turkey breast?
A good rule of thumb is to roast bone-in turkey breast for about 20 minutes per pound and boneless turkey breast for 15 minutes. For a 5-pound bone-in turkey, this takes 1 hour and 40 minutes.
For different boneless and bone-in weights, use the schedule below for approximate times:
|Weight (lbs)||Baking time (boneless)||Baking time (bone-in)|
|2 pounds||30 minutes||40 minutes|
|3 pounds||45 minutes||1 hour|
|4 pounds||1 hour||1 hour 20 minutes|
|5 pounds||1 hour and 15 minutes||1 hour 40 minutes|
|6 pounds||1 hour and 30 minutes||2 hours|
|7 pounds||1 hour 45 minutes||2 hours and 20 minutes|
|8 pounds||2 hours||2 hours and 40 minutes|
Tips for roasting turkey breast
- Use room temperature ingredients. That includes turkey. If you don’t, the vanilla cream will clump up cold turkey.
- You can adjust the butter for boneless chicken breasts. Most boneless turkey breasts still have the skin on, so the amount of butter will remain close to the same regardless of size. If your turkey breast is very small or very large, you can slightly adjust the amount of cream in this roasted turkey breast recipe.
- Be careful not to tear the skin. This may result in loss of moisture and flavor.
- Baste turkey with pan oil. Do this every 30 minutes to prevent it from drying out.
- Check the turkey breast after 1 hour. If the crust is golden brown before the inside is done, cover with aluminum foil for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Use a meat thermometer. A probe thermometer Inserting the thickest part of the breast is the best way to get juicy turkey every time. Set it to 165 degrees Fahrenheit and it’ll beep when it’s ready!If not, just buy regular ones meat thermometer Yes, or you can use the timeline above as a guide.
- Rest is important. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more tender, moist turkey. It will be drier if carved immediately.
- Shop: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.You can also chop the turkey and make Leftover Turkey Casserole or remaining turkey soup for the future.
- Reheat: My favorite way to reheat roasted turkey breast is in a 350 degree F oven with a little broth in the bottom of the pan and foil on top to prevent it from drying out. You can also use a microwave at 50% power, but the results will still be drier than the oven method.
- freeze: Once cooled to room temperature, you can freeze the turkey pieces whole or chop them up. Transfer to a ziploc bag and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
What to Serve with Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
I like to serve turkey breast with classic Thanksgiving side dishes, but you can pair them with anything healthy side dishes. Here are some ideas:
More Easy Turkey Recipes
Whether you want a delicious main dish for the holidays or a weeknight dinner, there are many ways to prepare turkey. Here are some easier turkey recipes to try:
Roasted turkey breast (bone-in or boneless)
Make the perfect oven roasted turkey breast recipe with juicy meat and crispy skin! It’s easy to make with irresistible garlic herb butter.
Prepare: 10 Every minute
chef: 1 Hour 40 Every minute
All: 1 Hour 50 Every minute
Serving size: 10 (Adjust according to recipe proportion)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where you get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click on the time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).Bring turkey breast to room temperature 30 minutes. If there are any gravy packets attached to the turkey breast, remove them.
Pat turkey breast dry with paper towels.
In a small bowl, mash together the cream, garlic, thyme, rosemary, sage, onion powder, salt, and pepper with a fork until smooth.
Place your hands under the skin of the turkey to separate the skin from the meat underneath. (Be careful not to tear the skin.)
Spread half of the butter under the skin of the turkey. Spread the other half over the skin.
Add turkey breast Baking pan Place on grill, skin side up.
Roast in the oven for 20 minutes per pound for bone-in turkey breasts and 15 minutes per pound for boneless turkey breasts, until the internal temperature in the thickest part reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). (For a 5-pound bone-in turkey breast, this is 1 hour 40 minutes.) After inspection 1 hour — If the skin is already golden brown, cover with aluminum foil for the remaining cooking time.Optional: baste turkey breast with pan juices each time 30 minutes to prevent it from drying out too much.
Remove from oven and tent loosely with aluminum foil.give it a rest 15 minutes Before engraving. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more tender, moist turkey.
The last step: leave a rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to offer free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 8 ounces
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
Calories Chapter 277
fat 8.5 grams
protein 49.2 grams
total carbohydrates 1.5g
net carbs 1.1g
Nutritional facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you’re getting different results?Please check out our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste recipes Social media or website. We’d love for you to share a link with a photo. 🙂