This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (full disclosure)
i have been doing Air Fryer Bacon Since I got my air fryer years ago, but recently I tried Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer First time… great! I was really surprised how crispy and delicious it turned out. If you’re looking for a lighter alternative to traditional pork, air fryer turkey bacon is a great option.
cooking Air Fryer Recipes It’s a great way to extract protein quickly.Although I’m used to making main dishes like crispy crust Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Chicken Thighs, Air Fryer Lamb Chopsor Air Fryer Salmonthis little appliance is perfect for turkey bacon!
Can you cook turkey bacon in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook this bacon in the air fryer! In fact, it’s one of the fastest and easiest ways to whip up a delicious batch of this breakfast staple.
Choose Turkey Bacon
- cure ratio.Uncured -I recommend choosing uncured turkey bacon slices that don’t contain nitrates. It’s leaner, has more protein, and has slightly less sodium than other products. However, this method works with any turkey bacon you like.
- filler – Turkey bacon is made from ground turkey, but some brands have added fillers, sugar or other ingredients. Always read labels carefully to make sure you’re getting the right product for your lifestyle.
- smell – Like pork bacon, turkey bacon comes in a variety of flavors, from traditional smoked to maple or applewood smoked. Choose a flavor to go with your meal.
How to Cook Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer
This section shows how to make turkey bacon in the air fryer, with step-by-step photos and technical details to help you visualize it.For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see recipe card below.
- arrange. Once the air fryer is preheated, place the turkey bacon strips in Air fryer Single tier basket, no overlapping. (Cook in batches if necessary, but don’t crowd the pieces in the basket.)
- Air fry. Cook for 4 minutes.
- flip. Flip the bacon over to the other side and spread out, making sure the bacon is not touching.
- Air fry again. Continue to cook until crisp.
Tip: don’t overcook!
Bacon will be crispier as it cools, so don’t overcook it even if it doesn’t look crisp enough.
How long to cook turkey bacon in the air fryer?
Air fry turkey bacon for 4 minutes, flip, and cook 4-5 minutes more, or until crisp.
- shop: Wrap leftovers in plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Reheat: Microwave leftovers on paper towels. You can also reheat the turkey bacon in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes.
Can you freeze cooked turkey bacon?
Yes, you can freeze cooked turkey bacon. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent frostbite. Freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Use Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
Now that you know how to cook turkey bacon in the air fryer, here’s how to use it.
- breakfast – Eggs are a classic choice and you have many options: baked eggsfried eggs, eggor even a Egg Casserole. If you want something different, try Coconut Flour Pancakes or Peanut Butter Overnight Oats.
- appetizer – You can easily swap out the bacon for turkey bacon Healthy Appetizer Recipes like deviled eggs, Jalapeno Poppersand crack impregnation.
- vegetable – Vegetable recipes such as Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Southern Fried Cabbage, Broccoli Cauliflower Saladand Zucchini Noodle Salad Both could use some crispy turkey bacon.
- power supply – main course such as pasture chicken, Bacon Cheeseburger Soupor Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole that use cooked bacon Air Fryer Turkey Bacon can easily be substituted.
Healthier Air Fryer Recipes
Are you an air fryer fan? If so, you’re going to love these recipes! Here are some of my other favorites:
Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer (Fast and Crispy!)
Learn how to cook turkey bacon in the air fryer in less than 10 minutes! It’s simple, healthy, and the perfect addition to your breakfast.
chef: 8 minute
all: 8 minute
Serving Size: 12 (adjust according to recipe)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click a time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while you cook.
warm up Air fryer to 390°F (199°C) 5 minutes.
Place 5-6 slices of bacon into the air fryer basket in a single layer without overlapping (or barely overlapping at most).
Cook Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer 4 minutes.
Turn the bacon over and spread out, making sure they are not touching (they will shrink a bit from their original size).extra cooking 4-5 minutes, until crisp. (The bacon will be crispier as it cools.)
Repeat steps 2-3 with remaining bacon.
Serving Size: 2 tablets
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
fat 7.8 grams
protein 8.3 grams
total carbohydrates 0.9 grams
net carbs 0.9 grams
fiber 0 grams
sugar 0 grams
Nutrition facts are provided politely. Questions about calculations or why are you getting different results?Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste the recipe to social media or websites. We would love for you to share a link with a photo. 🙂