Saturday, May 23, 2026

The CDU of the Ahrweiler district opposes the district chief Pföhler


secondSince the disaster night in July, resentment towards Jürgen Pföhler, the chief executive of the Ahrweiler district, has been brewing in the Ahr Valley. “For me, this is the best example of all-round political failure,” said a citizen from Ahrweiler. The other sentence he dropped is unquotable. In view of this sentiment, even their own party friends openly opposed Pföhler in the district council.On Wednesday, they are going to approve a resolution Social Democratic Party Will bring in. In it, Pföhler was asked to “clear the way for a new start.”

On Monday night, the CDU parliamentary group has issued a similar statement in the circle. It talked about the necessary “new starting point in personnel.” It can be seen that “in the past and on the day of the disaster, there were failures and mistakes.” From this, “necessary conclusions can be drawn.” The procuratorate’s investigation into the “to what extent” was responsible for the operation and management of the night of the disaster and whether it was “legally guilty” is logical. “However, according to our understanding, when a criminal investigation is underway, people cannot exercise their authority.”

The Koblenz Prosecutor’s Office began an investigation of Pföhler and another member of the crisis team on August 4. It is about the suspicion of manslaughter and bodily harm caused by failure. In early August, when Chief Prosecutor Harald Kruse talked about the initiation of the investigation, he recalled that the “perpetrators of all this” were mainly “nature or destiny.” “That’s what the detective said. Of course it’s true. Everything I’m going to tell you next shouldn’t be forgotten.” In essence, this is because people are warned too late and areas affected by water are being It was too late to evacuate.

District Administrator Jürgen Pföhler (CDU) at Ahrweiler on July 29


District Administrator Jürgen Pföhler (CDU) at Ahrweiler on July 29
:


Picture: dpa


“We want a new political start”

The district administrator Pföhler announced in a press release on August 10 that everyone involved in the operation “acted to the best of their knowledge and belief.” According to the district, he took sick leave the next day. Since then, Pföhler has been led by the first district councilor and councillor Horst Gies (Horst Gies).CDU) represent. In light of the investigation and according to the CDU parliamentary group, Pföhler “will no longer be able to exercise his position in the foreseeable future”, the CDU parliamentary group concluded: “District mayor Dr. Jürgen Pföhler therefore no longer serves His position is necessary and inevitable.” Michael Schneider, the regional manager of the CDU, does not want the statement to be interpreted as a request for resignation. “We want a new political start,” he told FAZ



Source link

Related articles

spot_imgspot_img