Sunday, May 24, 2026

GDL boss Weselsky: The strike of train drivers continues

DHe is the head of the train drivers union GDL, Klaus Wesselski, It was unacceptable to reject the railway’s new tariff proposal and announced the continuation of the current strike. Weselsky stated on ARD on Thursday that the management proposal was “unacceptable in terms of content.” The bad news for railway customers is: “The strike continues.”

He accused the web guide of being “Janus-faced”. This attitude became evident in the new offer. The actual goal of management is to get rid of GDL. Wesselski added that the union “of course” will continue to negotiate with Deutsche Bahn. Previously, the railway provided a corona bonus of 600 euros and a 36-month collective agreement period.

Deutsche Bahn announced that a new round of passenger strikes began at 2 am. Freight traffic has been on strike since Wednesday afternoon. “We regret that despite DB’s new offer, the GDL strike is still ongoing,” said a DB spokeswoman.Since the beginning of the year strike The replacement schedule now applies again. During the strike, Deutsche Bahn wanted to ensure that about a quarter of the trains on the regular schedule provided long-distance transportation services.

Bahn Personnel Director: Irresponsible Industrial Action

In regional and S-Bahn traffic, the company’s goal is to provide discounts of around 40%. But there are regional differences. “The main strikes took place in the east and some metropolitan areas,” the spokesperson said. In many parts of Germany, there were train cancellations and delays on Thursday morning.



Source link

Related articles

spot_imgspot_img