Last week, it was reported that the Dutch royal family invited 21 people to celebrate the 18th birthday of the future queen Princess Amalia, which violated the coronavirus health guidelines. The Dutch royal family expressed regret.
Currently, people are Netherlands Up to four guests over the age of 13 can be accommodated in the home.
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte wrote in a letter to Parliament on Wednesday: “This family has worked hard to pass this outdoor gathering and take precautions to deal with the provisions of the coronavirus in a responsible manner”, including testing and social distancing .
“The king told me that after reflection, organizing is not a good idea. [the gathering]. “
The Netherlands said on Tuesday that due to increased concerns about the Omicron coronavirus variant, it will close elementary schools early during the Christmas holidays and extend the night confinement period.
The royal gathering was held on Saturday in the park adjacent to the palace. Guests must be vaccinated, tested for the new crown virus, and maintain social distancing.
Rutte’s letter did not specify how many people participated, but the local media quoted the government as saying that 21 invitations had been issued.
Princess Amalia celebrated her 18th birthday on December 7 and was promoted to the Dutch State Council, the government’s highest advisory body, when she reached the age of majority.
The party is the latest in a series of faux pas perpetrated by the Dutch royal family during the pandemic, eroding its popularity.
In October last year, due to the partial blockade of the Netherlands, members of the royal family were forced to shorten their holidays in Greece due to strong protests.



