Sunday, May 24, 2026

Three passenger trains in China suspended for more than 40 hours to blast the dam to release floods


According to the Associated Press, the Chinese military blew up a dam on Tuesday night to relieve the flood. Three passenger trains were stopped for more than 40 hours due to the flood.

According to reports, at least 10 trains carrying approximately 10,000 passengers were stopped. Caixin, Business News Magazine. The Ministry of Transportation stated on its social media account that some sections of 26 highways were closed due to rain.

By the time the dam was blown up, the death toll had risen to 25. According to provincial officials at a press conference, another seven people are missing.

For more reports from the Associated Press, please see below.

The Chinese military blew up a dam to release floods that threatened one of its most densely populated provinces. Late on Tuesday night, Luoyang City’s action was a severe flooding in Zhengzhou, the capital of Henan Province. Local residents were trapped in the subway system and stranded in schools, apartments and offices, resulting in several deaths. On Tuesday, July 20, 2021, a man rides a bicycle through a flooded intersection in Zhengzhou, Henan Province, central China.
Chinatopix/Associated Press

The dam project was carried out in Luoyang city late on Tuesday night and coincided with the severe flooding in Zhengzhou, the capital of Henan Province, trapping residents in the subway system and trapping them in schools, apartments and offices.

A video posted on Twitter Via news site paper Shows subway passengers standing in chest-high muddy brown water, with surging torrents in the tunnel outside.

Traffic and work in the province were interrupted, and the rain turned the streets into turbulent rivers, washed away cars and poured into people’s homes.

According to the city’s party committee, the First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University shut down the ventilator due to a power outage, forcing staff to use manual airbags to help patients breathe. It said more than 600 patients were transferred to other hospitals.

A woman was riding the subway in a flooded tunnel and told her husband that the water almost reached her neck and the passengers had difficulty breathing. Henan Business Daily Newspaper report.

It said that the staff at the subway station told her husband that all passengers had been evacuated, but he admitted that this was not the case after he started a video chat with his wife on her mobile phone and showed that she was still in the car.

The exact time and location of the deaths and disappearances are not yet known, although the province stated that more than 100,000 people have been evacuated to safety.

There are many cultural relics in Henan Province and it is an important industrial and agricultural base. It is crisscrossed by multiple waterways, many of which are connected to the Yellow River. During periods of heavy rainfall, the banks of the Yellow River have a long history of rupture.

State media revealed on Wednesday that there was water at waist height and the rain was still falling.

To the north of Zhengzhou, the famous Shaolin Temple, known for its monks’ martial arts, was also hit hard.

Floods frequently occur in China during the summer, but urban development and the transformation of farmland have exacerbated the impact of such incidents.



Source link

Related articles

spot_imgspot_img