This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. (full disclosure)
Looking for a satisfying snack or breakfast recipes Taste healthy and delicious?you will love this Almond Flour Banana Bread recipe!like mine Keto Banana Breadthis comforting gluten-free banana bread with almond flour, no refined sugar, and super moist, except this one is made with real bananas—because a lot of people keep asking me for that.
Why You’ll Love This Almond Flour Banana Bread Recipe
- Sweet banana flavor (use real bananas)
- Moist and cake-like bread
- Natural ingredients and no refined sugar
- Ready in just 10 minutes
- Healthy, Grain-Free, Paleo and Gluten-Free
- Great for a quick meal or breakfast
I used Wholesome, delicious blanched almond flour This is highly recommended in this gluten-free banana bread recipe. It’s made from California almonds, which are ultra-finely ground to give your bread the best texture. Many brands of bread are too coarse and will make your bread tough. Plus, it’s a gluten-free, healthier option compared to white or wheat flour.
I also minimized the sugar in this loaf by using Wholesome Yum Zero Sugar Honey Sweetens the bread naturally. Since it measures and tastes just like honey, no one can tell the difference. (Regular honey does work, though.)
Ingredients and Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for almond flour banana bread, what each ingredient does in the recipe, and substitution options.For measurements see Recipe card below.
- Almond powder – Unlike some recipes, this is Almond Flour Banana Bread – I think this flour makes the best gluten free banana bread!As mentioned above, I recommend Wholesome, delicious blanched almond flour To avoid the grainy texture that many brands have. Definitely avoid almond flour, it’s the toughest of them all.
- baking powder – Helps bread rise and become fluffy. Make sure it’s fresh and don’t confuse it with baking soda, which can leave an aftertaste.
- Cinnamon – Classic flavour. You can also try adding other spices, such as nutmeg or cardamom.
- sea salt
- Honey – I prefer sugar free honey No sugar is added, but you can use regular honey if you prefer.You can also replace regular or sugar free maple syrup. Do not use granulated or powdered sweetener as the proportions in this recipe require the sweetener to be liquid.
- unsalted butter – Melted butter adds richness and moisture to the bread. Alternatively, you can use melted coconut oil for a dairy-free option.
- banana – Use ripe bananas with brown spots for natural sweetness and moisture.
- Egg – Let them come to room temperature before using, otherwise they will solidify the melted butter and make the batter clumpy.I haven’t tried making banana bread with almond flour yet egg substitutesFor example flax eggsbut those might work.
- Vanilla extract – Use high quality pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Walnut – You can also use pecans, almonds, or your favorite nut to add texture. See variations below for other options.
How to Make Gluten-Free Banana Bread with Almond Flour
This section shows you how to make gluten-free almond flour banana bread, with step-by-step photos and detailed information about the technique to help you visualize it.For full instructions, including quantities and temperatures, see Recipe card below.
- Mix dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Mash the banana. In a small bowl, mash the bananas.
- Mix wet ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add honey, melted butter, mashed bananas and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in some chopped walnuts.
- Transfer to pan. Pour it into a baking dish (it’s a perfect size) lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the top with more chopped walnuts.
- bake. Bake the almond flour banana bread in the oven until the top is golden brown. Then, cover with foil and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Tip: Chilling is crucial to getting the right texture, so resist the urge to slice right away.
If you’d like to enjoy a warm slice of almond flour banana bread, you can reheat it in the oven or microwave after the bread has cooled and sliced.
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Variations
Want to change up your gluten-free banana bread recipe? Try these add-ons or ingredients:
- chocolate chips – Reduce the nuts to 1/2 cup and add 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I prefer These sugar-free dark chocolate chips) into the batter.
- blueberry – Replace the nuts with an equal amount of fresh or frozen blueberries. (If using frozen, No Thaw them first. )
- chocolate – Replace 1/3 cup of almond flour with cocoa powder.
- caramel topping – Regular drizzle or Sugar Free Caramel Sauce Once cool, spread on almond flour banana bread.
- maple glaze – Stir in heavy cream, maple syrup (or sugar free maple syrup), and powdered besti Make a fall-inspired glaze. Once cool, pour over bread.
- Shop: Enjoy at room temperature for 2-3 days, or refrigerate for up to 1 week. Wrap in parchment paper to protect it from moisture.
- Reheat: If you like your slices hot, warm them gently in the microwave or oven.
- freeze: You can freeze whole or sliced almond flour banana bread for up to 3 months. If you want the slices to serve you in the amount you need each time, you can freeze them in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet until set, then transfer to a freezer bag. Alternatively, you can skip this step and just line parchment paper between slices to prevent sticking.
What to Serve with Almond Flour Banana Bread
A freshly baked gluten-free banana bread recipe like this is a delicious snack on its own, but here are some great pairings if you need it:
More Almond Flour Bread Recipes
Looking for more delicious quick bread recipes? If you love this almond flour banana bread, try some other mouth-watering ideas:
Almond Flour Banana Bread (Gluten Free)
You’re going to love this Gluten-Free Almond Flour Banana Bread, filled with ripe bananas, almond flour, and a hint of cinnamon. Perfectly moisturizing and healthy!
Prepare: 10 minute
chef: 1 Hour
All: 1 Hour 10 minute
Serving size: 18 (Adjust according to recipe proportion)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where you get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click on the time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius). Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan Use parchment paper so that the paper hangs on opposite sides.
In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt.
In a small bowl, mash the bananas.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Add honey, melted butter, mashed bananas and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
Stir in 3/4 cup chopped walnuts.
Transfer batter to lined loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chopped walnuts over top.
bake 40-45 minutes, until the top of the bread is golden brown.Cover with foil and bake 20-30 more minutesuntil the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely before removing from pan and slicing.
The last step: leave a rating!
Share your recipe images by tagging them @wholesomeyum and add tags to it #wholesomeyum exist Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1 1/2-inch thick slices
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
fat 15.5 grams
protein 5.7 grams
total carbohydrates 11.8 grams
net carbs 7.8 grams
fiber 4 grams
sugar 3.6 grams
Nutritional facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you’re getting different results?Please check out our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste recipes Social media or website. We’d love for you to share a link with your photo. 🙂