- On Thursday, two explosions occurred at Kabul Airport, killing at least 95 Afghans and 13 US troops.
- ISIS-K claimed responsibility for the attack. Biden said the Taliban were not involved.
- He then defended the use of the Taliban as airport security, saying that the United States must cooperate with them.
- For more stories, please visit www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
US President Joe Biden defended the recruitment of the Taliban to defend the Kabul Airport, saying there was no evidence that they were involved in Thursday’s attack.
At least 95 Afghans and 13 U.S. military personnel were killed Rear Two explosions At the airport’s Abbey Gate and nearby the Baron Hotel.
ISIS-K, a branch of the Islamic State terrorist organization, claimed to have launched the attack.exist Its statement, The organization criticized the Taliban for helping the U.S. military to withdraw “spies” from Kabul.
in a statement Late on Thursday, Biden defended the Taliban for helping protect the airport and said they were not involved in the attack.
Biden said: “So far, we have no evidence that any of our commanders in this field have provided me with the results of the Taliban and ISIS colluding to execute what happened.”
When asked by a reporter It is wrong to use the Taliban to protect the perimeter of the airport, Biden said: “No, I don’t.”
“No one believes them [the Taliban]; We just count on their self-interest to continue their activities,” he said.
“So, this is not a question of trust, but a question of mutual self-interest.”
Also on Thursday, Secretary of State Anthony Brinken Said the U.S. needs to cooperate with the Taliban Continue to evacuate people from Kabul because they are responsible for the country.
“Whether we like it or not, the Taliban are in control of the country, and of course the city of Kabul. It is important to work with them to promote and ensure that everyone leaves. It is important for those who want to leave,” he Said.
The United States will withdraw its military personnel on August 31. U.S. allies, including the United Kingdom, will end their evacuation flights on Friday.



