President Jair Bolsonaro
Getty Images / Gallo Images
The Brazilian government said that Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro (Jair Bolsonaro) was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday to investigate the cause of the continued hiccups.
The 66-year-old far-right leader has complained publicly since last week that he had been hiccuping after undergoing dental implant surgery on July 3.
The statement of the presidential palace stated that Bolsonaro was taken to a military hospital in the capital Brasilia to “undertake an examination and investigate the cause of the hiccup.”
Read also | After new vaccine transplant allegations, Bolsonaro fired Brazilian health officials
“He is in good spirits and feels good,” the president said, adding that Bolsonaro will continue to be under observation for the next 24-48 hours, although “not necessarily in the hospital.”
Last week, Bolsonaro told a local radio station:
This happened to me before, maybe because of the medication I was taking, I hiccuped 24 hours a day.
On Tuesday night, Bolsonaro, with a tired face, complained to his supporters outside his residence in Brasilia.
“People, my voice has disappeared. If I start talking a lot, hiccups will come back… they already have,” he said.
After being stabbed during a campaign campaign in September 2018, Bolsonaro has undergone multiple abdominal surgeries since his election.
He was also infected with Covid-19 last year, although his symptoms were mild and he did not need to be hospitalized.



