This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. (full disclosure)
As soon as the weather gets cooler, I indulge in this simple thing Cauliflower soup recipe! Even my kids love it. This roasted cauliflower soup is creamy, soft The texture is smooth, the flavor is rich, and the hands-on cooking time is minimal so I can prepare the main course dinner While I’m waiting.
if you ever had any of mine Cauliflower Recipesyou know I am Roasted Cauliflower before using it in a recipe. I love the extra flavor that roasting creates without adding too much extra work.But if you’re looking for a no-bake cauliflower soup recipe, try mine Cauliflower Cheese Soup instead!
Why You’ll Love This Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- Delicious roasted cauliflower flavor
- Smooth, thick and creamy
- Just 6 simple ingredients (plus salt and pepper)
- super easy to make
- Healthy, Naturally Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Soothing Soup for Cold Days
Ingredients and Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for roasted cauliflower soup, what each ingredient does in the recipe, and substitution options.For measurements see Recipe card below.
- cauliflower – You will need about 6 cups of raw florets, so choose one large head or two smaller ones.
- Oil – I used olive oil For roasting cauliflower and sautéing garlic. Avocado oil is also effective. For added flavor, you can also sauté the garlic in butter instead of oil, as it’s quick and the butter won’t burn.
- garlic – Fresh minced garlic cloves taste best, but you can use 2 tsp canned minced garlic instead.
- fresh thyme – Adds flavor!Feel free to try other herbs here; rosemary, chives or italian seasoning Also works very well. If substituting any type of dried herbs for fresh thyme, use 1 teaspoon dried herbs for 1 tablespoon fresh.
- stock – I use one low sodium chicken broth Control the taste of salt.You can also use chicken Bone soup, or use regular chicken broth and reduce the salt in the cauliflower soup recipe. Vegetable soup is also available as a vegetarian option.
- cream cheese – Make it into creamy cauliflower soup! Cut the cream cheese into smaller pieces to make it easier to blend into the soup. If desired, you can use vegan/dairy-free cream cheese, or substitute coconut cream, although the flavor will be different.
- sea salt and black pepper
How to Make Cauliflower Soup
This section shows how to make roasted cauliflower soup, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique to help you visualize it.For full instructions, including quantities and temperatures, see Recipe card below.
- Season the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower head into florets. Place them in a large bowl and add olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roasted Cauliflower. Line a Large baking pan Line with foil (or parchment paper) and lightly grease. Roast the cauliflower in the oven until tender and browned.
- Saute garlic and herbs. Heat more olive oil in a large pan, pot or pot dutch oven Heat over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme. Sauté until fragrant.
- Make cauliflower soup. Add chicken stock and roasted cauliflower. Bring to a boil, then simmer to allow the flavors to develop.
- Blend until smooth. you can use it immersion blender Puree the cauliflower until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can blend the soup in batches in a regular blender and then return to the pot.
Tip: If you like, you can save some of the florets before blending so you can add them back to the soup later.
To do this, use a slotted spoon to remove some of the florets before pureeing and then returning to the soup. They add extra flavor and texture!
- Make it creamy. Heat the soup over low heat and add the cream cheese cubes. Use the immersion blender again to help melt the cream cheese into the soup until smooth.
- Season. Adjust taste with salt and pepper if needed. I like to garnish my cauliflower soup with fresh thyme leaves, sometimes a drizzle of olive oil, and fresh black pepper.
Variations on Cauliflower Soup
I kept this cauliflower soup recipe simple with just six ingredients, but you can change it up by adding or changing the cooking method:
- bacon – if you have cooked Bacon in the oven, Air Fryer Baconor Microwave Bacon, you just chop it up and add it to the soup. If you’re not ready yet, you can cook the raw bacon on the stove in a Dutch oven and sauté the garlic.You can also chop raw bacon and add it to the cauliflower while it’s roasting, like I did Bacon Brussels Sprouts.
- vegetable – Try onions, carrots or celery. Saute first, then add the garlic and thyme. If you don’t want them to puree, remove the cauliflower before adding it and then add it back in at the end.
- lemon – Finally add a teaspoon of lemon zest or a dash of lemon juice.
- vegetarian – To make cauliflower soup vegan, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and choose vegan cream cheese (or coconut cream).
- Spicy – If you like it spicy, add crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
- slow cooker – Make-Ahead Cauliflower Soup Recipe crock pot! Roast the cauliflower, sauté the garlic and herbs (as above), then add everything to the pan and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Finally add the cream cheese using an immersion blender.
- Shop: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Meal Preparation: You can definitely make this cauliflower soup recipe ahead of time. Alternatively, you can roast the cauliflower ahead of time so that the day you make it, all you have to do is cook and mix.
- Reheat: Warm the soup on the stove over medium heat or in the microwave. If it separates, puree again with an immersion blender to bring it back together.
- freeze: Roasted Cauliflower Soup can be frozen for up to 3 months. If you plan on freezing it, I recommend leaving the cream cheese on, it will separate when thawing (you can add it after thawing and reheating). Or, if you need to freeze leftovers, you can do that even if you add the cream cheese and just plan on running it through the blender before serving. Either way, let the soup thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
What to Serve with Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower soup recipe can be served as a comforting appetizer before any main course, or as a side dish healthy salad a meal. Try these service ideas:
More Easy Cauliflower Recipes
Looking for more ways to enjoy cauliflower? Here are more easy, tangy cauliflower recipes to try:
Cauliflower Soup (Creamy and Easy!)
Just 6 simple ingredients to make this easy roasted cauliflower soup recipe! It’s creamy, thick, and will warm you up on cold days.
Prepare: 10 Every minute
chef: 40 Every minute
All: 50 Every minute
Serving size: 5 (Adjust according to recipe proportion)
Click on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel Healthy recipes every week! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post new videos.)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where you get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click on the time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C).Wire Extra large baking pan Cover with foil and lightly grease.
In a large bowl, combine cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) sea salt.Place in the oven and bake for approx. 30 minutesuntil edges are browned and very soft.
Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in pan or dutch oven Heat over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme.speculation One minuteuntil the fragrance comes out.
Add chicken stock and roasted cauliflower. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.simmer until 5 to 10 minutes.
use immersion blender Puree the cauliflower until smooth. (If desired, you can use a slotted spoon to remove some of the florets before pureeing and returning to the soup.)
Heat the soup over low heat and add the cream cheese cubes. Use the immersion blender again to help melt the cream cheese into the soup until smooth.
Add 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (2 g) and 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) black pepper, adjusting to taste as needed.
The last step: leave a rating!
Share your recipe images via tags @wholesomeyum and add tags to it #wholesomeyum exist Instagram – I’d love to see it!
portion size: 1 cup
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
Calories Chapter 286
fat 24 grams
protein 6 grams
total carbohydrates 12 grams
net carbs 9 grams
fiber 3 grams
sugar 4 grams
Nutritional facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you’re getting different results?Please check out our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste recipes Social media or website. We’d love for you to share a link with a photo. 🙂