This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. (full disclosure)
These Crock Pot Chicken Thighs Take a few minutes to get the most flavor!My crock pot makes healthy dinner A breeze, and these Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs are no exception. This time, I decided to change my usual method of dicing bone-in chicken (compound cream Subcutaneous) and chose a sweet and savory Honey Garlic flavor.
Slow cooking makes the meat tender and rich in flavor, so this crock pot chicken thighs recipe is a favorite of mine chicken recipes!For more ways to cook chicken drumsticks in the slow cooker, try Creamy Crock Pot Chicken and fried chicken (You can make them with breasts or thighs), or check out more ideas below.
Ingredients and Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for slow cooker chicken drumsticks, what each ingredient does in the recipe, and substitution options.For measurements see Recipe card below.
- chicken – This crockpot chicken thighs recipe uses bone-in chicken thighs, which are flavorful and crispy on the outside, but you can also make them with boneless skinless chicken thighs or even chicken breasts.
- spices and herbs – Rub both sides of the chicken with the following composition chili, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, sea salt and black pepper. Feel free to use other dried herbs and spices of your choice.
- olive oil – Used to sear the skin of chicken thighs before cooking them in the pan. You can also use avocado oil or other neutral heat-resistant oil.
- coconut amino acids – This is my all time favorite soy sauce substitutesbut regular or low-sodium soy sauce will work too.
- Honey – I prefer sugar free honeybut you can use regular honey if you prefer.
How to Make Chicken Thighs in a Pan
This section shows how to make chicken thighs in a slow cooker, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique to help you visualize it.For full instructions, including quantities and temperatures, see Recipe card below.
- Mix spices. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Season the chicken. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Rub both sides with spice mixture.
- Fry until crispy. in a big cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Fry the chicken skin side down until the skin is crispy. (I flipped it in the image below to show how it looks, but you don’t have to.)
Tip: You can skip the searing step if you want, but I don’t recommend it.
A quick roast and the skin becomes crispy and delicious! But if you’re in a hurry, you can add the chicken right into the slow cooker right away.
- Transfer and add honey mixture. Put the chicken legs in slow cooker, skin side up. Stir the honey and coconut aminos in a small bowl and pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Simmer. Cover the pot and cook the chicken legs until tender.
How long does it take to cook chicken drumsticks in a pot?
The typical cooking time for slow cooker chicken legs is 4 to 5 hours on low and 2 to 2.5 hours on high. For best results, the internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 170 degrees Fahrenheit – this is the optimal temperature for dark meat to make it juicy.
Tip: If you want, you can use the juices from the slow cooker to make honey garlic sauce!
Just stir in a tablespoon of cornstarch, or your favorite Cornstarch Substitutes (Amount required may vary) Pour into the liquid in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Shop: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Meal Preparation: You can mix the spice and sauce mixture ahead of time and store in separate containers until ready. You can also cook the chicken ahead of time and place it in meal prep containers with your favorite side dishes for an easy, healthy lunch.
- Reheat: You can reheat Crock Pot chicken thighs in the microwave, but for crispier results, it’s best to reheat the dish in a 350-degree Fahrenheit oven or in a hot skillet on the stovetop. You can also heat using the “warm” setting on your slow cooker.
- Freeze: Place in an airtight container or zip-top bag and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
This chicken is so versatile! You can pair it with almost any side dish, but here are some of my top picks:
More Crock Pot Chicken Thighs Recipes
Want to make Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with a different flavor? Here are some ways:
- Teriyaki – self made teriyaki sauce Then pour it over the chicken thighs in the slow cooker and cook according to recipe instructions.You can even use them in place of chicken nuggets Teriyaki Chicken Bowl!
- barbecue – To make BBQ chicken thighs in the pan, omit the other ingredients and just coat the meat with your favorite barbecue sauce, then cook in the slow cooker. Finally, if you want the skin to be crispy, brush with more sauce and grill for a few minutes.
- garlic cream – wipe compound cream Under the skin of the chicken (see my Oven roasted chicken thighs for more details on how to do this). For the skin and outside of the chicken, use the same spices below and fry the same way. Before cooking, pour 3/4 cup chicken broth into the bottom of the slow cooker instead of the honey and coconut aminos.
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs (Honey Garlic)
This Crock Pot Chicken Thighs recipe is juicy and tender with crispy skin and irresistible honey garlic flavor. An easy and delicious dinner!
Prepare: 5 every minute
chef: 4 Hour
All: 4 Hour 5 Every minute
Serving size: 6 (Adjust according to recipe proportion)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where you get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click on the time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while cooking.
In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, sea salt, and black pepper.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and rub both sides with spice mixture.
in a big cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.Add chicken skin side down and fry 3-4 minutesor until skin is crispy.
Transfer chicken to slow cookerskin side up.
Stir together the honey and coconut aminos. Pour mixture over chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until chicken is tender and internal temperature reaches at least 170 degrees F (77 degrees C).If you have time, spoon the juices over the chicken thighs every once in a while 45-60 minutes During cooking (this is optional).
The last step: leave a rating!
Share your recipe images via tags @wholesomeyum and add tags to it #wholesomeyum exist Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1 chicken thigh
The formula for calculating nutritional information is sugar free honeybut routine also works.
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
Calories Chapter 359
fat 26 grams
protein 21.2 grams
total carbohydrates 10.8 grams
net carbs 5 grams
fiber 5.8 grams
sugar 4.1 grams
Nutritional facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you’re getting different results?Please check out our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste recipes Social media or website. We’d love for you to share a link with a photo. 🙂