In an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Monday night, President Obama expressed a sense of disappointment and hope. He said, “I didn’t expect so few people would say, “Well, I don’t mind losing my office because it’s so important. The United States is too important. Democracy is too important. However, in true Obama style, he added, “I hope the tide will turn.” Hope drives Obama to persevere and thrive during difficult times in personal and political life.
The discussion included acknowledging that democracy proved to be enduring through the corruption of the Trump era. However, because democracy is on the verge of collapse under the corrupt Justice Department led by Trump and Attorney General William Barr, all Americans must do their part to fight for the rule of law in order to survive. Listening to Obama’s words reminds us of the shocking and blatantly corrupt acts committed by Trump, Barr and their accomplices, such as:
- Trump instructs Barr to investigate his opponents and obstruct investigations into his nepotism and illegal friends
- Barr lied about the findings in a memo sent by Mueller to the U.S. Department of Justice, which summarizes the Russian investigation report
- Trump incited the uprising and did not take any measures to stop it, but instructed the mob to “stop stealing.”
- Trump said that if his re-election fails, it will mean that the 2020 election will be manipulated.
- Chief of Staff Mark Meadows pressured the Attorney General to pursue conspiracy theories, such as accusing Italy of using certain technology to turn Trump’s votes into Biden’s votes
- Trump asked Georgia’s Secretary of State to change the state’s electoral votes to make him the winner
- The Republican state legislature passes a bill to make it more difficult for people, especially minorities and the disabled
- The Republican legislature is passing a bill that allows them to overturn the election result if they don’t like it.
- Trump pardoned federal criminal general Michael Flynn, who lied about contacts with Russians during the 2016 presidential election. He suggested at the Q’anon meeting last week that the military should launch a coup against the US government as it did in Myanmar.
President Obama’s message to Americans is to actively oppose any attack on the foundations of democracy. The most threatening movement that attempts to weaken our democracy is led by elected officials in the Republican-led state government. Voters must understand that the ability of a state to overturn election results means that the votes of these states and the will of the people will soon be meaningless. The sanctity of the threatened vote is synonymous with the end of democracy. The cult of personality keeps the worst president in American history alive politically, and pathological lies have spread from the former president to the weakest and most corrupt Senate in American history.
In an interview with CNN’s Cooper, Obama announced his non-profit organization, A private sector plan to help men and boys of color succeed. The program, My brother’s guardian alliance, Established “to narrow the gap between minority students and their peers in school performance, higher education, and career trajectory. Whether you agree with Obama’s policies or not, one thing is obvious; he is ethical, intelligent, and compassionate. Good, capable, loyal, and patriotic, instead of being dishonest, rude, adulterous, narcissistic, or corrupt, And incompetence. What topics will Trump guide the boys to discuss?
- How to cheat
- How to lie and get rid of it
- How to deceive a spouse
- How to bully and give in
The hope is that Trump is no longer president, the ongoing investigation is moving forward, which may make him a felon, and that people like Obama continue to work selflessly to maintain democracy.