You'll get this garlic smell grilled shrimp The holidays are behind us, so add some spicy cocktail sauce! Stir and bake in 15 minutes, this easy appetizer will be a hit at all your gatherings.
Why You’ll Love This Garlic Grilled Shrimp Recipe
When you put these oven-roasted shrimp on the table, everyone will be dipping them into a sweet and savory cocktail sauce.
- fresh. The best shrimp appetizers are made fresh and have a buttery, tender interior.
- Great for parties. Place them on a large plate with the dipping sauce on the side. They'll be gone before you know it.
- simple. All you have to do is toss in the shrimp, bake, and stir in the sauce. That's it!
- Fast. Everyone has time to prepare a 15-minute recipe, even if it's a last-minute party.
what do you need
Don’t skip the garlic, as it’s what adds flavor to this simple appetizer. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact quantities.
- shrimp – Make sure it is peeled and de-veined.
- garlic – You can use fresh garlic or garlic powder.
- Olive oil – Feel free to use vegetable, corn, or canola oil.
- seasoning – Red pepper flakes, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- ketchup – I prefer organic or low sugar varieties.
- Horseradish – Mustard root and spicy mustard are good substitutes.
Can I use frozen shrimp?
Yes, but not straight from the refrigerator. For best results, be sure to thaw them first by soaking them in cold water for 5 minutes. Do not use warm or hot water to do this or the shrimp will start to cook as they thaw.
How to Make Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp
If you set a kitchen timer, this recipe is virtually foolproof as it ensures your shrimp are perfectly tender. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Discard the shrimp. Preheat oven to 400F. Combine shrimp, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl until well combined.
- Bake them. Place shrimp in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Make the sauce. Combine tomato paste and horseradish in a small bowl. Set it aside.
- Let them calm down. Remove shrimp from oven and set aside to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve. Serve shrimp with cocktail sauce. Add fresh parsley and lemon slices for added flavor.
Tips for success
Using the correct baking pan and size of shrimp will help you nail any grilled shrimp recipe.
- Choose the right shrimp. Medium to large shrimp are best for this recipe because they have more meat. Cocktail shrimp are small and will overcook in the oven, so it's best to avoid them.
- Ask the fishmonger. Ask your local fishmonger to clean and devein your shrimp. This will save you a lot of preparation time.
- Set a timer. Use a kitchen timer or cell phone alarm to remind you to take the shrimp out of the oven before they overcook.
- Use the correct baking pan. For best results, the baking pan should be light gray or even rose gold. Darker trays tend to brown the shrimp faster and overcook it.
- Add more spices. 1 teaspoon chili powder, onion powder and Old Bay seasoning add lots of flavor. Cajun seasoning also works.
This grilled shrimp appetizer is delicious paired with other snacks before dinner.mine Crab Cakes with Sriracha Sauce and Cheese Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are some of my favorites.You can also use mine Grilled Mozzarella Cheese Sticks or Artichoke Ravioli.For another classic appetizer option, don’t forget my Caprese chicken skewers.
How to store and reheat leftovers
Leftovers are perfect for the rest of the week. Reheating is super easy too!
- Store in refrigerator. Wait until leftovers are completely cool before placing in an airtight container. Can be stored for up to 4 days. Do not store them for longer than this time, as shrimps will spoil easily. Homemade sauce can be refrigerated for up to a week.
- Reheat it. Place in the microwave and heat for 20 seconds at a time or until hot. You can also heat them in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
More Simple Shrimp Recipes
These grilled shrimp are packed with garlic and spicy red pepper flakes and taste delicious when dipped in my homemade cocktail sauce.
- In a small bowl, add horseradish and tomato paste. Stir together and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add shrimp, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, dried basil, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Toss until all coated.
- Spread shrimp in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While shrimp are cooking, combine tomato paste and horseradish in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove shrimp from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with homemade cocktail sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices.
Keywords: Grilled Shrimp, Oven Grilled Shrimp, Grilled Shrimp Recipes