This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. (full disclosure)
Looking for a simple, delicious, healthy side dishes?this Oven Roasted Carrots Recipe (aka Honey Glazed Carrots) will add sweet and savory flavor to any meal! Honey Roasted Carrots only require five basic ingredients, but simply add honey to boost their natural sweetness for a flavor the whole family will love. My youngest daughter keeps asking me to make it!
Carrots are one of my favorites root vegetables bake.Preparing this recipe for roasted carrots looks a lot like Air Fryer Carrots or Roasted Carrots and Parsnips, and delivers natural caramelization in vegetables. If you like simple, hearty side dishes, this is the next one to try!
Why You’ll Love This Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe
- sweet and salty
- Perfect Caramel Glazed Carrots
- Just 5 basic ingredients (plus salt and pepper)
- Ready in just 10 minutes
- Healthy nutrition, low carb options
- Versatile, easy side dish for any meal
Ingredients and Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for oven-roasted carrots, what each ingredient does in the recipe, and substitution options.For measurements see Recipe card below.
- whole carrot – Look for firm, bright orange carrots for roasting, or choose multi-colored carrots for variety. You can also use baby carrots, but the cooking time may vary.The glaze here is also perfect for parsnips or Roasted Kale If you want to throw them in!
- Honey – I prefer sugar free honey No sugar added (tastes the same, no aftertaste), but you can use regular too.You can even use Sugar-Free Jalapeno Honey If you like kicking.
- olive oil – Promotes caramelization and helps flavorings adhere. Ghee, coconut oil, or avocado oil are all great substitutes if needed.
- seasoning – fresh thyme (or other fresh herbs such as parsley), garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper.You can also use dried herbs instead (e.g. italian seasoning) In this roasted carrot recipe, if you need – just substitute 1 teaspoon dried carrots for 1 tablespoon fresh carrots.
How to Roast Carrots
This section shows how to make roasted carrots, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique to help you visualize it.For full instructions, including quantities and temperatures, see Recipe card below.
- Prepare carrots. Trim stems off carrots, leaving 1/2 inch of stem.Peel the carrots with a knife vegetable peeler (or paring knife).
- Make the honey glaze. In a small bowl, stir together the honey, olive oil, fresh thyme, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Throw on coat. Place honey carrots in a single layer on baking sheet Large baking pan (You can leave it uncovered or line it with parchment paper or foil if you prefer). Pour the honey mixture over the top and stir until evenly coated.
- Roasted carrots. Bake the roasted carrots in the oven until the vegetables are tender and the honey mixture begins to caramelize. I like to garnish with a few extra thyme leaves, but parsley will work too, or left ungarnished.
How long does it take to roast carrots?
Roasting carrots takes 25-30 minutes in the oven. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the carrots and how tender you prefer them.
Tip: Prefer browning? Bake for a few minutes at the end.
You can also choose to line the pan with foil or leave it completely unlined, as parchment paper will reduce browning.
- Shop: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
- Meal Preparation: You can cut and peel the carrots ahead of time, wrap them in damp paper towels to prevent them from drying out, and store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also make the honey glaze ahead of time.Or, make the entire recipe for roasted carrots ahead of time and toss it into meal prep containers with your favorite foods chicken or fish Eat fast food.
- Reheat: Spread the carrots on a baking sheet and reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until hot. You can also heat it in the microwave if desired.
- freeze: Cool completely, then store in a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
What to Serve with Honey Roasted Carrots
Now that you have your honey roasted carrots recipe, you may be wondering how to serve them. They make the perfect side dish with just about anything! Try these ideas:
More Roasted Vegetable Recipes
If you like the roasted carrots recipe, you might also like my other popular roasted vegetable recipes:
Honey Roasted Carrots (Sweet and Easy!)
Turn carrots into a quick, perfect side dish with this oven honey roasted carrots recipe. Sweet, caramelized, it’s that simple!
Prepare: 10 minute
chef: 25 minute
All: 35 minute
Serving size: 8 (Adjust according to recipe proportion)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where you get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click on the time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius). Line a Baking pan Use parchment paper.
Trim carrot stems, leaving 1/2 inch of stem.Peel the carrots with a knife vegetable peeler.
In a small bowl, combine honey, olive oil, fresh thyme, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
Place the carrots on the lined baking sheet and pour the mixture over them. Stir the carrots until the mixture evenly coats them.
Roast Honey Carrots in the Oven 25-30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the honey mixture begins to caramelize. (Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the carrots and your preferred tenderness.)
The last step: leave a rating!
Share your recipe images by tagging them @wholesomeyum and add tags to it #wholesomeyum exist Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 2 honey roasted carrots
Nutritional Information Purpose sugar free honeybut routine also works.
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
fat 3.7 grams
protein 1.2 grams
total carbohydrates 13.6 grams
net carbs 8.5 grams
fiber 5.1 grams
sugar 5.8 grams
Nutritional facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you’re getting different results?Please check out our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste recipes Social media or website. We’d love for you to share a link with your photo. 🙂