The change will take effect at 4 AM on Monday.
He told PA News Agency: “I have no concerns about today’s international travel environment.
“The reason we were able to make these changes is-first of all-our own vaccine defense wall, nine out of ten adults do one jab, and seven out of ten adults do two jabs.
“But the countries that are part of today’s announcement– US And European countries-they also have very successful vaccination programs.
“I think it is very wise, so to say that if you get a double blow-it will be a clear requirement, it will be checked-you can enter the UK from the Amber List countries without having to self-isolate.”
Mr. Javid added that this will be a “boost to the economy” but “safe from a public health point of view”.
The Minister of Health, who previously warned that there may be 100,000 cases per day in the summer, said he hopes the recent decline in numbers will continue, but it is important not to be “overly optimistic.”
Speaking at a vaccination center in Little Venice, London, he said: “The truth is, when it comes to the number of cases, no one really knows where they are going next.
“I hope the decline we are seeing now will continue. Of course this is what I want to see.
“But we have seen the Delta variant. This is a new variant that appeared last year. It is more contagious than the previous variant, and things may change.
“So I think it’s important to be cautious and not overly optimistic.”



