Friday, May 22, 2026

Six killed in mass shooting in Plymouth, England

  • On Thursday night, a mass shooting occurred in the city of Plymouth in southwest England, killing six people, including a child.
  • Two women and three men, including the suspect, died from gunshot wounds at the scene of the incident.
  • One of the victims was a child under 10 years old, and the other woman died in the hospital shortly after.

Six people, including a child, were killed in a mass shooting in Plymouth, southwest England, on Thursday night. The Secretary of State for the Interior described the incident as “shocking.”

Devon and Cornwall police said in a statement that two women and three men, including the suspect, died of gunshot wounds at the scene of the incident. The police added that another woman died in the hospital shortly afterwards.

Local opposition Labour MP Luke Pollard said on Twitter that one of the victims was a child under 10 years old.

The police earlier described the shooting as a “serious gun incident” and stated that the situation was under control. The police added that the incident had nothing to do with terrorism.

Britain has one of the lowest gun homicide rates in the world, and mass shootings are rare. This is the first mass shooting in the country in 11 years.

The Times quoted Sharron Turner, 57, who was behind the shooting, as saying that a gunman “kicked” into the front door of a semi-detached house before shooting a mother and daughter. Turner said she was told that the man in black and gray was holding a semi-automatic weapon.

According to The Times, after the attack, the gunman fled from the park behind the house and shot and killed two dog walkers.

“The events in Plymouth are shocking, and my heart is with those affected,” Interior Secretary Priti Patel said on Twitter.

Devon and Cornwall police said they were called to the Keyham area of ​​the city at 18:10 on Thursday.

The police said: “The investigation into the incident is continuing, and the road network disruption in the Keyham area will continue throughout the night.”

The Southwest Ambulance Service said earlier that it had spent a lot of resources in response to the incident, including Hazardous Area Response Team (HART), multiple ambulances, air ambulances, multiple doctors and senior paramedics.


Don’t miss a story. Choose from our newsletter Send the news you want directly to your inbox.





Source link

Related articles

spot_imgspot_img