Disclosure: This content is supported by readers, which means that if you click some of our links, we may receive commissions.
Google Voice is a cost-effective way for growing companies to host conference calls. However, what is the importance of conference calls today? How can you improve the conference call? We will delve into this and everything you need to know below.
Why Google Voice Conference Calls are so important
Conference call is just a peculiar term for group calls, and everyone can listen to it through a regular phone or Internet connection. After the call, anyone can join at any time while others are listening.
Now, it is self-evident why it is such a valuable asset for the enterprise to be able to do this. It allows the team to communicate more easily even if the team members are not in the same physical location.
In the past, whenever we needed to hold regular meetings with remote team members, conference calls via Google Voice have always been a saving for our team. Google Voice makes this process easier because it is a tool that everyone can use.
All we need is to make sure that everyone has an Internet connection and connectable devices, whether it’s a laptop, smart phone or desktop computer. From there, it was a matter of broadcast call time and date. We will learn more about all of these and more.
Quick tips for improving Google Voice conference calls today
Google Voice makes it very easy to stay in touch without spending a lot of money on fancy software. Although Google Voice is not the main teleconferencing software, you can simplify the process in the following ways.
Make sure everyone has a Google Voice account
The last thing you want to do is to set up a conference call, and when the time is up, no one is ready to join. If you decide to use Google Voice as a conference call tool, you need to make sure that both you and your team members are registered and ready to start early.
why? Because it takes several steps to complete all the settings (even if you already have a Gmail account).
Here’s how to open a personal Google Voice account:
- access voice.google.com
- On the homepage, select For personal use.
- If you select “Personal”, you will see several options after clicking it. You can choose the voice for Android, iOS or Web.
- hit carry on, And then search for available numbers by city or region, and select the number you like from the drop-down menu options.
- Click on Verify. Then you will be prompted to enter an existing phone number. This way, all calls made through your new Google Voice number will be forwarded to your current number.
- Complete the verification process by entering the code sent to your phone number.
- Click on the end, everything’s ready!
Here’s how to open a corporate Google Voice account:
- access voice.google.com
- On the homepage, select business use.
- After clicking it, you will be prompted to register with your Google/Gmail email address.
- Choose the right pricing tier for your business. Note that the most affordable pricing tier of $10 per month has a 10 user limit.
In short, taking the time to set up the appropriate Google Voice account will help you (and your team) prepare for the conference call.
It also helps to test your tools beforehand to make sure everything is connected correctly. Make a test call with a colleague and verify that your microphone is working properly, you know where the mute button is, how to start and end the call, and there is no strange echo or interference.
Make sure everyone is on the same page
One of the easiest ways to ensure that your conference call runs smoothly is to ensure that everyone has the necessary information to join at the appropriate time.
The beauty of it is that you don’t have to be fascinated by it. You can simply send a broadcast email, or even text, to let everyone who should attend your conference call know that you will host the conference call via Google Voice. However, make sure to include the Google Voice number they should call and the date and time.
To do this, you first need a Google Voice account. Whether to register for a Google Voice business account or a personal account is up to you. Each has its pros and cons, and your decision largely depends on how big your team is.
Smaller teams may use personal Google accounts. However, larger teams may need to register for a corporate account to access other tools.
After registering for Google Voice, you need to complete the following:
- Start a voice call with the first person to call
- Wait until you receive the call notification, then press 5 to accept it
- Repeat the second step until everyone has joined the call
Included in the conference call guide
Best practices for conference calls, although the term sounds tense and dull, it is actually very helpful to ensure that your conference calls go smoothly. These can be general guidelines, such as:
- Ask everyone to take turns introducing themselves at the beginning (especially if it is a large group or newcomer).
- Use the mute button (if possible) when other people are talking to avoid interruptions, extra noise, and distractions.
- Let everyone know if the conference call will be recorded at the beginning of the meeting.
- Let everyone know what the agenda of the conference call is and whether there are any general rules that need to be followed when interacting.
- Make it clear who the host of the conference call is to avoid confusion.
- Send the post-meeting call summary (if it makes sense) to the waiter and those who cannot repeat the takeaway. You can also include the call recording and any slides or reference materials in this follow-up email.
Conference calls seem to be a very simple matter. But as more and more team members answer the phone, and your call gets bigger and bigger, you will want to handle the conference call in a more organized way.
Try some of the conference call techniques above to see how smooth your conference call is.
Record your call
With Google Voice, you can easily record your calls for future reference. This will come in handy when you make a call with valuable information or feedback, and you need to refer to this information.
To record your Google Voice call:
- Log in to your Google Voice account.
- Click on Gear icon Open settings.
- then click call.
- Open call options.
- After you have a call and everyone has joined, press the number 4 to start recording. Everyone on the call will receive a notification telling them that you have started recording.
- When you want to stop recording, press number 4 again.
You can find your call recording in the voice mail tab for future reference.
Prepare questions and set time limits
If you spend time preparing some questions before the conference call, you can easily avoid fumbling in the conference call. Whether you are holding a conference call, video conference, or both, the general trend here is that you need to spend enough time to prepare before the actual call.
This helps ensure that you don’t waste time, that you can get to the point quickly, and that you have a productive conversation.
Presetting time limits can also help. Knowing that there is a time limit can help you simplify the meeting process. A conference call without a clear end time will cause the meeting to lose focus and take more time than necessary.
Since not everyone runs on the same schedule, setting a scheduled time to end work will help you keep the conference call concise without making it a onerous item on the team member’s to-do list task.
Long-term strategy for improving Google Voice conference calls
These tips will be useful to you regardless of whether you use Google Voice as your conference call tool of choice.
Try Google Duo for video conferencing
do you know Google Duo? It is part of the Google Workspace series and can be used as a useful alternative to meetings. With it, you can quickly start a free video conference call with up to 32 people. The video quality is first-rate, and you can use your tablet, iPhone, Android phone, computer, and smart display to make video calls. On smartphones, users can download the Google Duo application or browse through the browser.
Duo also uses end-to-end encryption so that your video calls remain private and only visible to those who join the call. After logging in, you can easily leave video and voice messages and written notes.
To try Duo, you must log in with one of the Google accounts. Most importantly, it can be used for free and has a 25-hour talk time limit. Chances are, your conference call will not last that long, which makes Google Duo a viable video conferencing option for almost any small team.
Google Hangouts is another video calling option
Your team can more easily conduct conference calls instead of voice calls Google Hangouts. It can be easily integrated with Google Voice and is part of the Google Workspace tool suite.
First, it is simple:
- go with Hangouts.google.com Or open the application from your existing Gmail account.
- From there, click New conversation then Add group.
- Click on Video call.
- then click send Therefore, team members you add to the group will get a link to join the call.
- Wait for everyone to connect to start your video conference.
Video conferencing is a great way to hold a conference call, where everyone can see the body language of other people and capture inferences and voice changes at the same time. As you may know, this helps to make the communication process smoother, not just making a call when all you hear is sound.
However, there are some teleconferencing tools that can help you conduct world-class teleconferencing beyond the basics. This is what we will study in depth next.
Conference calls outside of Google Voice
If you have done this, you already know that Google Voice is a great choice for small conference calls because of its cost-effectiveness and accessibility. However, you may encounter the limitations of the limited tools Google Voice provides for conference calls.
The larger and more frequent your conference call, the more likely you will need to access more specific tools built for a smoother conference call experience.
Thank goodness, we have done most of the errands for you in that department.If you are using Google Voice but are looking for other reliable alternatives at different price points, here is a quick review of our guide Best conference call service:
If you have done this, then you have the knowledge to use Google Voice to hold a conference call and make it work for you and your team. This is one of the best options for small businesses looking for a cost-effective way to run group calls.
However, to make it operationally successful in the business, it requires more than just solving a problem.To help, we have also written a guide on how to create your own guide Project management system, So your team is more capable of handling and delivering their projects.
If you are in the process of brand building, here is everything you need to know Create an unforgettable brand That lasts.We even found The best VoIP conference call If you wish to upgrade to one and take your conference call to the next level.