If you are looking for quick and healthy breakfast options, these breakfast options are simple, rich in flavor and nutritious, and you can start your day. I have prepared the perfect recipe for you.
These breakfast “muffins” are versatile and can be made with a variety of fresh vegetables, meat, herbs and any other fillings you like. You can make these vegans without using ground turkey, and swap in or swap out any suggested ingredients according to your taste.
Over time, I have made several versions of this recipe, and although each version is delicious, today’s combination is my personal favorite.I used spinach Used to increase potassium (can lower blood pressure) (1), with Cherry tomatoes Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, it helps reduce inflammation and prevent disease (2).
Turkey Spinach Egg Muffins
yield: 3 copies
You will need: Muffin tin, frying pan, wooden spoon, mixing bowl, measuring cup and spoon, knife, cutting board
key: T = tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 6 eggs
- 3 tons of red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray olive oil on the nonstick muffin tin.
2. Heat the pan over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and break it with a wooden spoon while cooking.
3. Add the ground turkey to 6 muffin cups.
4. Beat the eggs. Add vegetables and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the egg mixture on the turkey. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
enjoy! I like these with mixed vegetable salad and a slice of toast. If you eat dairy products, you can crumble some feta before baking to get a delicious change. Let me know how you plan to enjoy it!
Need some help with healthy eating? When planning a week, I will consider:
- 2-3 breakfast choices I like
- Some main dishes that can double as dinner or lunch
- Some smoothie ideas with free ingredients to diversify your vegetables
- Snack options, such as homemade protein muffins or easy-to-make trail mixes, you are just hungry and want to eat more.
- Complete your plan with some staple foods you want every day, such as a large mixed vegetable salad and some rice, quinoa or easy-to-grab sweet potato cubes…and then make your shopping list around it.
This 30-day challenge meal plan Includes all recipes and grocery lists for 4 weeks of breakfast, smoothies, side dishes, snacks, and main dishes-with plenty of delicious choices and structures to help you eat the best for your life!
Check out all the content included in the 30-day challenge meal plan here, let me make your life easier!
- Jovanovsky, Elena and others. “Spinach, a source of high dietary nitrates, affects arterial stiffness and related hemodynamic indicators: a randomized controlled trial in healthy adults.” Clinical Nutrition Research. 2015. Network. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4525132/
- Raiola, Assunta, etc. “Enhance the health-promoting effect of tomato fruits on bio-fortified foods.” Inflammatory mediators. 2014. Network. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3972926/