How do you get more blog traffic?
This is a question we have been asked, but there is no simple answer.
Blogging requires a lot of work. Although you may just want to learn some new skills and learn more about the industry at first, inevitably, you will want to start seeing the rewards of all your efforts.
So what is the best way to get more blog views?
Three main ways to get blog traffic
- social media
- search engine
- Email list
The first two are the fastest and the easiest to generate traffic, but if you can get the last one, it will also bring you a lot of improvement, and it will not be affected by changes like other algorithms.
Why do you want traffic?
You don’t want to write for anyone!
Although building a website and filling it with content can be a rewarding learning experience in itself, at the end of the day, if no one sees it, it’s a bit discouraging.
Then the next reason you might want more traffic is to make money. If your goal is a business and not just a blog, then traffic will be the key. This is not to say that you need super high traffic to make money.
It all depends on how you plan to earn income and your target audience. If you have the right theme, if you really invest, you can even profit from a small amount of traffic.
So let us learn how to get more traffic for your blog!
5 ways to get more blog traffic
Create good content
The first step to gaining traffic is to have quality content that people want to consume. There are many aspects to what is “good” content. Of course, this is also a bit subjective, but here are some key points:
- Write for your audience: consider who your goals are and remember them
- Have clear information and structure: Use headings and subheadings to lay out your content in a logical and thoughtful way
- Evergreen content: Based on your market segment, I think it’s best to write content that is considered “evergreen”. This means that it is still relevant and can lead to more consistent traffic.
- Publish consistently: There is no magic number of posts to get traffic, it all depends on the topic and target audience, but make a plan for your content and publish consistently to keep up with your ideas and link more posts to together.
- Backlinks-Building backlinks is a complete topic in itself, but the first idea is that if you have good content, people will want to link to it.
- Visual content such as photos and videos: Add visual effects to your blog posts to make them more interesting and visually appealing.
Use social media
Social media is a great way to get website traffic, but it can also be a bit tricky. On the one hand, traffic is usually inconsistent because it depends on the posts you share, which can cause a surge in traffic, but then traffic drops.
Secondly, the premise behind social media is community, so when you want to share your content, it is important to build a community on social. Merely deleting the link to your website is unlikely to bring you great appeal.
You can read more of our Social media tips for blogging are here, But here are some core points about using social media to get blog traffic:
- Build a community that is interested in your posts: To make the most of social media to get traffic, you need to build a community. Create a separate Facebook page for your website and develop it by publishing relevant and interesting content, not just linking to your website.
- Share in relevant Facebook groups: Facebook owns all content groups! Look for groups that are allowed to share posts and have established communities where they can share posts.
- Share old and new posts: Remember to recycle old posts. Not everyone sees them for the first time!
- Consider paid ads and boost posts to get more traffic: Paid ads and boosts can be a very valuable way to get traffic, but if you don’t know how to do it right, they can also become a black hole for your money. You can use ads to target specific audiences who are interested in your posts and promote posts that have performed well to gain further appeal.
Notes on Pinterest: Pinterest is usually classified as a social media platform, but it is actually more like a visual search engine. If you have a Pin chart that performs well on the platform, it can bring more consistent traffic, but it requires you to create visual content for the platform and then develop a strategy to publish them.
Writing for search engines
Search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Duck Duck Go are the most consistent way to get more traffic to your blog. Google is the largest of all these, and is often considered the benchmark for people’s efforts.
SEO or search engine optimization is the best way to get higher and more consistent traffic. This is because you can customize your article based on what people search for and optimize it to make it appear in front of as many people as possible when searching.
Your goal is to get a high ranking, preferably the first page, and if possible, ranking first!
Here are the biggest points related to getting more traffic from search engines:
- Keyword research posts: You should research more specific keywords to build your posts, not just write anything. For example, you might find that the keyword “New York 2 days” searches for it more people every month and is less competitive than “New York 5 days”, so you write a 3 day itinerary instead. There are many more, so I will write a complete article soon!
- Create content islands: Instead of writing an article on one topic and then jumping to another, plan for groups of related content that can be linked together and support each other.
- Track statistics and continue to edit and adjust posts over time: You can edit posts at any time to include more relevant information or try to improve their search engine rankings. Tracking statistics will help you view the dynamics of posts on the search page.
This does not mean that you should never write a post that you think you cannot rank for. Having a comprehensive website is important for attracting repeat customers and brands, and people also want to click to see more posts.
Have an email list
Email marketing is a beast in itself! It can be a very powerful tool because you own the email list and can access it at any time, and the algorithm can change and send your posts, make your posts fall in the Google rankings, or reduce your social influence force.
Here are some tips for getting traffic through email lists:
- Capture emails from the beginning and use them: You need to develop a strategy for email lists. Think about the content you can send, not just basic emails of the latest posts, but content that is more valuable to subscribers.
- Use lead magnets: Lead magnets are a tool that can be used to get subscribers. This is where you offer something valuable in exchange for the person who signed up for your list. You can then send them further emails.
Evaluate your website design
The design of your website itself can help drive more blog traffic because people will stay longer and then come back again. Consider whether your website design is clear and easy to navigate.
Even simple things like font size and color can make a huge difference. Small and strangely colored text will discourage people.
There are some tips:
- Mobile optimization: choose a theme suitable for mobile devices! It is so important to own now.
- Interconnection: Link to other related posts with a clear call to action.
- Website speed: Website speed is actually a factor that Google considers when ranking your website and posts. Choose a lightweight theme, adjust the photo to a smaller file size, and consider installing something like Cloudflare to help increase the speed of your website.
Regarding each of these points, I can give you more information and details!
Make sure you join our mailing list because we will write posts to expand each post so you don’t miss it.