This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (full disclosure)
Since it takes only a few minutes to cook Italian sausage in the air fryer, it’s perfect for quick, easy, healthy main course. While you might think that salami is easy to cook in a skillet on the stovetop, when you turn it into a Air Fryer Recipes – like Air Fryer Pork Chops and Air Fryer Chicken Wings. this Air Fryer Sausage Recipes provide perfect results with almost zero effort!
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Sausage Recipe
- full of salty
- Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside
- Cooks in just 7-8 minutes – faster than an oven!
- no flipping, no mess
- Good protein to add to other recipes
- Naturally Low Carb and Gluten Free
Ingredients and Substitutes
Italian Sausage Links is the only ingredient you need! Depending on the specific seasoning, some brands call them mild pepperoni, while others call them sweet pepperoni. You can also get the spicy variety.
This air fryer sausage recipe is based on 3.8 oz links, which is a typical standard size. You may need to adjust the times if your sausages are getting smaller or larger.
Variations: Try other sausages!
Try pepperoni, chicken sausage, or turkey sausage instead of Italian pork sausage. Smaller varieties, such as breakfast sausages or sausage patties, will take less time.
How to Cook Italian Sausage in the Air Fryer
This section shows how to make Italian sausage in the air fryer, with detailed step-by-step photos and technical details to help you visualize it.For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see recipe card below.
- Prepare. warm up Air fryer, if desired. (It’s okay if you skip preheating.)
Tip: Clean the drip tray before cooking.
Air fryer sausage links can produce a lot of excess grease, so make sure the drip pan is clean before cooking to prevent smoking.
- arrange. Place the salami in a single layer into the air fryer basket, leaving space between the links.
- Air fry. Cook the air fryer sausage links until golden brown and cooked through.
How long to air fry Italian sausage?
Air Fryer Sausages cook in the air fryer for 7-8 minutes.Cook until golden brown, then use meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- shop: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Place the remaining Italian sausage links in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for about 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
- freeze: You can freeze cooked or raw sausage. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer bags. You can store Italian Sausage Links in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, or in a bowl of cold water before reheating.
Foods to Serve with Air Fryer Italian Sausage
Similar to bratwurst, Italian sausage links can be served on bread with a variety of sides (and a little mustard!). However, you can also slice them and serve them on other dishes. Here are some ideas:
- vegetable – Add chopped peppers or onions next to raw sausage. They will cook in your air fryer in the same amount of time.
- Potato – Sausage and potatoes go together!You can use these links with baked potatoes, Mashed potatoes (or Mashed Cauliflower), or potato salad (Cauliflower Potato Salad lighter options).
- stir fry – Slice these links and add them to stir-fries Sauteed Cabbage and Sausage, fry vegetablesor fried rice (and Cauliflower Fried Rice).
- pizza – These Italian Sausage Links are a great topping on any pizza.Use your favorite dough (my favorite is Keto Pizza Crust), and even turn it into Crustless Pizza or pizza bowl.
- Spaghetti – throw links with your favorite pasta, Zucchini Noodlesor Roasted Spaghetti Squash. top configuration Marinara, Basil Herbor alfredo sauce.
- salad – try these links Spring Mixed Salad, Crispy Kale Saladand Loaded Roasted Cauliflower Salad. or, with sausage Greek Salad, Caprese Salador chef salad.
More Italian Sausage Recipes
Sausage is a tasty and versatile meat that can be cooked in a variety of ways. Here are some of my favorite Italian sausage recipes:
Air Fryer Sausage Recipe (So Fast!)
Air Fryer Italian Sausage is the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal. Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside and so quick to make!
Prepare: 3 minute
chef: 7 minute
all: 10 minute
Serving Size: 5 (adjust according to recipe)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click a time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while you cook.
warm up Air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius). (For the air fryer, it’s okay if you skip preheating.)
Place the salami in a single layer into the air fryer basket, leaving space between the links.
Cook 7-8 minutesuntil golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
serving size: 1 Air Fryer Sausage Links.
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
fat 0.3 grams
total carbohydrates 0.1g
net carbs 0.1g
fiber 0 grams
sugar 0 grams
Nutrition facts are provided politely. Questions about calculations or why are you getting different results?Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste the recipe to social media or websites. We would love for you to share a link with a photo. 🙂