The change of seasons brings relief and health challenges as refreshing rain replaces the heat of summer. While the rain has brought a welcome respite, it has also brought with it health concerns that have become more prominent during this period.
Due to my allergies, seasonal changes usually affect me. As we continue to experience rainy days, having the following essentials can help keep you healthy and comfortable during a downpour:
- Umbrella: Stay Dry and Comfortable
Of course, number one is the umbrella. If I look in most Filipino bags, I will most likely find an umbrella. It’s like a trusted companion in the crazy weather roller coaster we go through every day. One minute we’re sweltering in the heat, the next we could be experiencing torrential downpours and high winds. Having an umbrella on hand keeps me prepared for any unexpected weather conditions.
- Tea: a warm cupThere’s nothing better than holding a cup of warm tea between your hands as the rain hits the window. The soothing warmth of the tea instantly makes me feel comfortable and content, making it the ultimate comfort drink on a gloomy day. I always choose some soothing herbal tea like chamomile, lavender or ginger, which not only provide warmth but also have calming and digestive benefits. Sometimes, I add some honey or lemon for extra sweetness and flavor!
- Soup: comfort food for the soul
For many Filipinos, soup has always been a comfort food, especially on rainy days. Whether it’s a beloved Filipino classic like sinigang, tinola, or bulalo, or a simple and heartwarming bowl of pumpkin soup, these are always my go-tos, especially when I’m craving some warmth!
- Essential Oils: Aromatherapy for ComfortPlease call me Tita, but I love to indulge in essential oils. These tiny miracles are made from botanicals and they brighten up my day with just one sniff! Lavender essential oil can help reduce stress, while eucalyptus essential oil can relieve nasal congestion, making it easier to breathe in humid weather. It’s also great as a sleep aid!
- Necessary vitamins and medications: Defense and Immunity BoosterNo emergency care regimen is complete without essential vitamins and medications. It’s smart to keep them on hand when I’m not feeling well.This rainy season, I make sure I always have Actimed Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Nutrawell Sodium Ascorbate. To make sure I have plenty of high-quality and affordable generic medicines and vitamins, I always go to Generika Pharmacy.
Through its private label products Actimed Generics and Nutrawell Supplements, Generika Drugstore makes flu and allergy relief medications accessible and affordable.
With these rainy day essentials, I can feel comfortable during this rainy season and even feel the comfort of having vitamins and medicines from Generika Pharmacy in my pocket!
About Generika Pharmacy:
Generika Drugstore is part of Ayala Healthcare Holdings, Inc. (AC Health), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ayala Corporation that aims to provide affordable, quality healthcare services to Filipinos.
Since 2003, Generika Drugstore has been advocating for access to quality, affordable generic drugs and continues to expand by opening more branches in major cities and municipalities as well as small towns and barangays.