This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (full disclosure)
Most people probably wouldn’t think about making egg casserole without bread or potatoes, but when you make this healthy treat, you won’t even miss them Low Carb Keto Breakfast Casserole recipe。 It’s a great way to start your day in a good mood…and easy. With super simple ingredients and a few spices, it’s ready in no time. I hope this sausage, egg, and cheese casserole becomes a staple in your home as it has in mine.
This keto egg casserole recipe is perfect for those mornings when you want to be warm and filling.For a special holiday brunch, serve it with Keto Butter Coffee and Keto Cinnamon Rolls or Keto Pancakes. If you want to try something a little more portable for those busy mornings, Egg Muffins is a similar option in the subpackage.
Why You’ll Love This Keto Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- salty, cheesy taste
- Moist and fluffy texture
- fast preparation time
- 3.2 grams net carbs (0.9g if broccoli is not added)
- Naturally Healthy, Low Carb, Keto Friendly & Gluten Free
- Endless customization options
Ingredients and Substitutes
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for a keto egg casserole, what each ingredient does in the recipe, and substitution options.For measurements, see recipe card below.
- Meat – I made this sausage, egg and cheese casserole with breakfast sausage, but cooked bacon And ham are viable options. No matter which meat you choose, you will want to pre-cook your meat.
- garlic – I recommend mincing fresh garlic as it will have a sweeter, more intense flavor. If you don’t have any, you can substitute 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder and add it when you whisk your eggs instead of scrambled.
- vegetable – Vegetables are 100% optional, but I really like to include them whenever possible. I use broccoli, but you can use bell peppers (Roasted Red Bell Peppers delicious! ), asparagusonion, spinach, celery or any keto vegetables You prefer.you can even use leftover Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower here.
- Egg – The eggs are the star here. If you want a fluffy casserole, room temperature eggs work best.
- heavy cream – Scramble eggs with whipping cream for light, fluffy eggs that are rich and tasty at the same time, but any keto milk will work. If your low-carb breakfast casserole needs to be Paleo-friendly, just use coconut cream instead (and skip the cheese).
- cheese – This recipe calls for shredded cheddar cheese, but whatever cheese suits your taste (or whatever you already have in the fridge) will do. This low-carb breakfast casserole is great with mozzarella, American, Swiss, Monterey Jack, or any other cheese you have on hand.
- fresh parsley – Adds fresh flavor.You can also use oregano or basil if you prefer, or a teaspoon italian seasoning instead. Stronger herbs will give a stronger flavor to the casserole.
- salt and pepper – A must for seasoned eggs.
See below for the recipe I use for all keto breakfast casserole recipes, whether you want sausage, egg and cheese casserole, or another flavor combo.
How to Make a Keto Breakfast Casserole
This section shows how to make a low-carb breakfast casserole, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique to help you visualize it.For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see recipe card below.
- Saute the garlic. in the oiled large frying pan Over medium-high heat, cook minced garlic until fragrant.
- brown meat. Add sausage. Cook, dividing with a spatula, until browned. Meanwhile, preheat oven.
- Cook the vegetables. If using broccoli (or other vegetables), blanch in boiling water until crisp-tender. Put them in an ice bath to stop cooking. Drain and pat dry. (You can also roast or cook the vegetables any way you like.)
- Stir in the egg base. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper.
- gather. Lubricate glass or ceramic casserole. Arrange the cooked sausage and vegetables evenly on the bottom. Pour egg mixture over sausage and vegetables. Sprinkle more shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- bake。 Cook Keto Sausage and Egg Casserole until eggs set and cheese melts.
Best Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole Recipe
No matter which meat, veggies, cheese, or milk you prefer to use (see ideas above!), follow this easy-ingredient recipe to make the best keto egg casserole:
- 1 lb deli meat
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups cooked vegetables
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- shop: Cover the Keto Sausage Breakfast Casserole tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- in advance: If you want to make this low-carb breakfast casserole ahead of time, just follow all the steps except the final baking. You can cover it and store it in the refrigerator. Then, take it out and let it come to room temperature before baking.
- Reheat: Reheat leftovers in the microwave or oven. I highly recommend the oven for the best texture and to avoid watery appearance. Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes (whole casserole) or 5-10 minutes per slice.
How to Freeze Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Casserole:
It’s so easy to turn a keto breakfast casserole into a freezer meal. You can freeze it for up to 3 months. Bake and freeze, or just assemble and freeze without baking:
- Before baking: Follow all directions on the recipe card below except for the last step. Cover the casserole with plastic wrap, then cover with aluminum foil, and put it in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to bake, remove it to the refrigerator and let it defrost overnight. Let the breakfast casserole come to room temperature, then bake as directed on the recipe card.
- After baking: Place sausage egg cheese casserole on a cooling rack and let cool completely to room temperature. After that, cover with foil with plastic and put in the freezer. If you want individual pieces, cut them out first and pack them separately. To thaw, put it in the refrigerator overnight.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
Whether you’re having an early breakfast or a late brunch, there’s nothing wrong with breakfast, not this keto egg bake.check out some of my favorites Keto Breakfast Recipes below, but don’t miss my other Keto Casserole Use for other meals.
Low Carb Keto Breakfast Casserole (Easy!)
Make the best low carb keto breakfast casserole recipe with sausage, eggs and cheese. This egg casserole is quick, easy, and cheesy to prepare!
Prepare: 5 minute
chef: 45 minute
all: 50 minute
Serving Size: 8 (adjust according to recipe)
Click on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE COOKING CHANNEL Healthy Recipes of the Week! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click a time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while you cook.
anointed frying pan Over medium-high heat, cook minced garlic for about a minute, until fragrant.
Add breakfast sausage.cook about 10 minutesseparating with a spatula, until browned.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
If using broccoli (or other vegetables), blanch them in boiling water for about 5-7 minutes, until tender. Then plunge into an ice bath to stop cooking, drain and pat dry.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, half the cheddar cheese, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper.
In a glass or ceramic 9-by-13-inch (22-by-33-cm) casserole bottom (i use this), or a 9×9 plate without the broccoli. Spread the ground sausage evenly over the bottom of the casserole dish. (If you want to add any broccoli or precooked vegetables to the casserole, combine them with the sausage at this step.)
Pour egg mixture over sausage. Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese over top.
bake approx. 30 minutesuntil the eggs are set and the cheese is melted.
Serving Size: 1/8 Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Casserole
Nutritional information includes optional broccoli, but may vary if you use other vegetables or omit them entirely.
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
fat 38.2 grams
protein 25.7 grams
total carbohydrates 4.2 grams
net carbs 3.2 grams
fiber 1 g
sugar 1.2 grams
Nutrition facts are provided politely. Questions about calculations or why are you getting different results?Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste the recipe to social media or websites. We would love for you to share a link with a photo. 🙂