This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (full disclosure)
When the heat hits, all I want is a refreshing treat to cool down. But let’s face it, your usual grocery-bought frozen desserts can be loaded with sugar (or worse, high-fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners like aspartame) and food coloring that no one needs. If it’s so easy to make your own, why bother? Sugar Free Popsicles With real fruit? These are the perfect guilt-free, nutritious summer treats for the whole family. My kids can attest to that!
With just 3 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time, you can cool down and quench your thirst without feeling guilty. (They also happen to be keto popsicles.)
Looking for my other sugar-free popsicle recipes (Lemon Blueberry and White Chocolate Raspberry)?Find these in the free Wholesome Yum app iphone or android.
Why You’ll Love These Sugar-Free Popsicles
- Sweet, tart and classic fruit flavors
- cool smooth texture
- Just 3 ingredients (plus water)
- 41 calories per serving with no added sugar
- No Corn Syrup, Artificial Flavors or Fillers
- Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low Carb, Keto & Vegan
- 5 minutes quick prep time
- Make your favorite fruit flavors
- Easy Summer Dessert (or Perfect After-Meal Snack!)
mine Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend is the secret ingredient that makes these classic frozen popsicles sweet and all natural. It dissolves effortlessly, provides the same great taste as sugar, and keeps sugar-free popsicles from becoming too hard or too harsh.
Ingredients and Substitutes
This section explains how to choose the best sugar-free popsicle toppings, what each ingredient does in the recipe, and substitution options.For measurements, see recipe card below.
- fresh berries – Berries form the base of these sugar-free popsicles! They taste great without any weird fake colors, guar gum, maltodextrin, or other weird ingredients for sweetness or color. Use your favorite combinations such as blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and/or blackberry to create your favorite flavor. You can also swap fresh berries with any frozen fruit. If using frozen food, defrost in the microwave for 30 seconds. You may also want to add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of water to help mix these keto popsicles easily.
- lemon juice – Helps keep popsicles fresh, retains color and brings out the sweetness. Store brands use citric acid to achieve this.i used bottled lemon juice For convenience, but you can use 1-2 fresh lemons for a brighter flavor. You can also swap lemon juice for lime juice. Any other citrus juice (such as orange) will do, but others will be higher in sugar.
- water – If you don’t mind the extra natural sugar, you can swap plain water for coconut water.
- Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – This perfect powdered sweetener creates the smoothest texture for your popsicles without the sugar.different from other sugar substitute (including anything with erythritol – including most brands of monk fruit and stevia), this one doesn’t leave a gritty texture and keeps the popsicles from hardening in the freezer.You can also replace it with Zero Sugar Simple Syrup to obtain comparable results.use mine Sweetener Conversion Table If you choose a different alternative.
How to Make Sugar-Free Popsicles
This section shows how to make sugar-free ketogenic popsicles, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique to help you visualize it.For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see recipe card below.
- mix. Add berries, lemon juice, water and Besti powder high power blender Puree until smooth.
- gather. Pour mixture into popsicle molds. (I recently switched to These stainless steel And never go back to plastic! ) to add popsicle sticks. Freeze until completely set.
- enjoy. Run under warm water to easily remove sugar-free popsicles from molds.
Variations: Red, White and Blue Keto Popsicles for 4th of July or Memorial Day!
For a festive effect, make a layer for each color:
- Red – Make 1/3 of the recipe using only red berries (strawberries, raspberries, or both), then fill molds 1/3 full. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- white – Mix 2 cups of coconut cream with Besti powder. Remove the mold from the refrigerator and fill another 1/3 of the space with the mixture. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- blue – Use only darker berries (blueberries, blackberries, or both) for 1/3 of the recipe. Remove molds from refrigerator and fill almost to the top. Freeze until set.
Remove sugar-free popsicles from molds and place in individual freezer-safe bags. (This is better than long-term storage in molds to prevent freezer burn.) Stores in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
More Sugar-Free Frozen Dessert Recipes
Need to satisfy a cooling and sweet craving but want to skip prepackaged and processed desserts? You’ll love these other sugar-free popsicles and frozen treats:
Sugar Free Popsicles (3 Ingredients)
Learn how to make sugar-free popsicles with 3 simple, natural ingredients! This easy recipe is healthy, fruity and easy to customize.
Prepare: 5 minute
Freezing time: 6 Hour
all: 6 Hour 5 minute
Serving Size: 6 (adjust according to recipe)
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view ingredients.
Click a time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while you cook.
Add all ingredients to blender Blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into popsicle mold. Freeze until completely set, at least 6 hours (or overnight).
To remove easily from popsicle molds, run under warm water for a few seconds.
Serving Size: 1 popsicle
Amount per serving. Serving sizes in recipe instructions above.
fat 0.5 grams
protein 0.3 grams
total carbohydrates 10.1 grams
net carbs 7.9 grams
fiber 2.2 grams
sugar 6.9 grams
Nutrition facts are provided politely. Questions about calculations or why are you getting different results?Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not screenshot or copy/paste the recipe to social media or websites. We would love for you to share a link with a photo. 🙂