Free print: low-carb and keto food list
This article may contain affiliate links, which helps to keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You would never think that this is a ketchup recipe! It has all flavors or normal jams, without added sugar and carbohydrates. This sugar-free strawberry jam is thickened with chia seeds, which gives it a good texture and nutrition. Most importantly, you only need to use two ingredients (plus some optional ingredients) to make this chia jam.
I serve this tomato sauce and strawberry sauce 90 second bread, But any kind will be delicious. (Also, I have more service suggestions at the bottom of this article.) If you prefer jelly over jam, try making Keto Jelly instead.
If your berries are sweet enough, you can easily make it into an unsweetened jam recipe, but I almost always add Powdered Besti To mine. It tastes like sugar, dissolves effortlessly, and does not crystallize when storing jam (unlike other sweeteners).
What is chia seed jam?
Chia jam is a jam recipe thickened with chia seeds instead of other thickeners such as sugar or pectin. The seeds make it a natural jam and add a lot of nutrients to the jam, which is usually mainly sugar.
Why you would like this ketchup recipe
- Sweet and juicy
- Thick fruit slices + chia seeds
- Just a few simple steps
- 30 minutes total
- Only 3 grams of net carbs
- Contains healthy fats from chia seeds
Unsweetened jam ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for sugar-free strawberry jam, the role of each ingredient in the recipe, and alternative options. For measurement, please refer to the recipe card below.
- Strawberry – Fresh strawberries are the easiest to use because they can be sliced, but you can also use frozen sliced or chopped strawberries. Or make your keto jam raspberry, blueberry or blackberry at will instead of swapping these berries. (do you know: Strawberries are ketonesBut all the berries are on the list Ketogenic fruit! )
- Chia seeds – They will help thicken your keto jam instead of sugar or pectin. In addition, they increase nutrition.
- Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Mix – Sweetener is optional, but if you like sweet jam, it is recommended. This is my preferred jam sweetener because it is natural, tastes like sugar, and does not crystallize in the refrigerator… This is important because you can’t eat all the jam at once.You can also use Powdered allulose For the same consistency, but more may be needed. Powdered Erythritol And most other sweetener brands are the last substitutes because they do crystallize easily.
- lemon peel – This is also optional, but helps bring out the sweet and bright flavor in the berries.
How to make sugar-free strawberry jam
This section shows how to make sugar-free jam with step-by-step photos and detailed information about the technique. For complete instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Heat the strawberries. Put the strawberries in a saucepan and heat them over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries release liquid and become soft.
- Paste. Use a spoon or potato masher to mash the berries.
tip: If you like a smoother jam, please mix it. If you don’t want to add berry pieces to your jam, use Immersion mixer (Or in a normal blender) at this step.
- Adjust the sweetness. Check if the jam is sweet enough. If it is not sweet enough for you, you can add a sweetener, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Bold. Stir in Chia seeds And lemon zest. Let the jam cool and thicken.
tip: Add more chia seeds for a thicker jam. If you like your jam to be particularly thick, add a few teaspoons of chia seeds to achieve the consistency you like. Remember, jam will continue to thicken when refrigerated.
Frequently asked questions
How to thicken jam without sugar?
You can use chia seeds to thicken unsweetened jam!Chia seeds are actually a good thickener for tomato and strawberry jam because it is so easy with health.
Chia seeds contain protein, fiber and healthy omega-3 fatty acids. This chia berry jam does not require sugar.
Does unsweetened jam contain carbohydrates?
Yes, if made with real fruit, most sugar-free jam recipes (and store-bought jams) will contain some carbohydrates.
How many carbohydrates are in unsweetened strawberry jam?
One serving (1 tablespoon) of this sugar-free strawberry jam contains only 3 grams of net carbs!
How long is the shelf life of chia seed jam?
Store the jam in an airtight container in the refrigerator.It will last approximately A week in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze chia jam?
Yes it’s you were able Frozen Strawberry Chia Jam! It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Just thaw it, stir it, and you can use it again.
What goes with Chia Jam
This keto strawberry jam recipe spreads nicely on a slice of toast Almond flour bread, But it is also delicious, put it on the following breakfast, desserts and snacks:
More tomato and strawberry recipes
If you like this sugar-free strawberry jam recipe, you might also like some other keto strawberry recipes:
Reader’s favorite recipe
The recipe is stuck below! The readers who created this content also viewed these recipes:
Sugar-free tomato sauce and strawberry jam recipe (Chia Jam)
Learn how to make ketchup with 2 simple ingredients! This simple sugar-free strawberry jam recipe is sweet and thick, with only 2 grams of sugar per serving.
Preparation time 10 minute
Cooking time 10 minute
Cooling time 10 minute
total time 20 minute
Click or tap the image below to play the video. This is the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click on the underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn off Safari reader mode to view the ingredients.
Click on the time in the instructions below to start the kitchen timer while cooking.
Put strawberries in Small saucepan Medium fire. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries release a lot of liquid and become soft.
Mash the strawberries with a spoon or mashed potatoes.If you want a super smooth jam without strawberry chunks, please use Immersion mixer Puree the berries.
Taste if the jam is sweet enough. If needed, add 1 tablespoon of sweetener at a time.
Remove from heat source. Add chia seeds and lemon zest, if using. Let the jam cool for 5-10 minutes to thicken it.
For thicker jams, add 1-3 teaspoons more chia seeds if needed. The jam will thicken when refrigerated.
Weight: 2 tbsp
Make 1 cup of jam.
The video shows how to make chia jam:
Scroll up a bit to see the video of this recipe-it’s right above the ingredient list. This is the easiest way to learn how to make chia jam!
The amount per serving. The amount in the formula description above.
fat 1 g
protein 0 grams
Total carbohydrates 5 grams
Net carbohydrates 3 grams
fiber 2 grams
sugar 2 grams
The nutrients are provided out of courtesy. Have questions about the calculation or why you get different results?Please see our Nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes and articles!
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please do not take screenshots or copy/paste recipes Go to social media or website. We hope you can share the link with the photo. 🙂