As the National Basketball Association and Nike continue to bow before the communist altar in Beijing, the Women’s Tennis Association threatened to withdraw from China if it fails to provide credible evidence that professional tennis player Peng Shuai is still alive.
The best evidence is the former top player, herself.
As Report My colleague Jerry Wilson said earlier that the 35-year-old Peng has not received any news since the alleged sexual assault against a senior Communist Party official two weeks ago.
Chinese official media release An email attributable to Peng, as Report Provided by CNN, in which she said she was safe and withdrew the previous accusations, but we have seen this movie in China before. It is likely to be fraud or coercion-Peng still has not been seen or heard.
Serena Williams expressed concern about Peng on Twitter on Thursday.
I was shocked and shocked when I heard the news of my peer Peng Shuai. I hope she is safe and found as soon as possible. This must be investigated, and we cannot remain silent. In this extremely difficult time, show love to her and her family.
Maybe Joe will help, Serena.
I was very shocked and shocked when I heard the news of my peer Peng Shuai. I hope she is safe and found as soon as possible. This must be investigated, and we cannot remain silent. In this extremely difficult time, show love to her and her family. #whereispeng帅 pic.twitter.com/GZG3zLTSC6
— Serena Williams (@serenawilliams) November 18, 2021
Steve Simon, President of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA), stating that his organization is ready to withdraw its event from China-which could cost the WTA hundreds of millions of dollars-if it is not satisfied with Beijing’s response to Peng’s whereabouts and her sexual allegations.
“We are absolutely willing to withdraw from our business and deal with all the complications that come with it. Because of course it is, this is bigger than the business. Women need to be respected, not censored.”
Oops, who Isn’t it Remind us? [thinking-guy emoji]
The mystery of Peng Shuai, a tennis player who accused China’s former deputy prime minister of sexual assault, gave women’s tennis a new role. It is now a rare movement willing to exit one of the most profitable foreign markets on the planet. https://t.co/W04mUXLejK
-Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) November 19, 2021
Since she said she was “forced” to have sex with Zhang Gaoli, the former deputy prime minister of China, concerns about Peng’s welfare have continued to grow. As the BBC pointed out, this is such a public accusation against one of the top leaders of the Chinese Communist Party.
After Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai disappeared after accusing government official Zhang Gaoli of sexual assault, Naomi Osaka gave a speech.
The reviewer deleted Peng’s Weibo and blocked her account.Advocates demand the use of hashtags for investigations #彭帅 where. pic.twitter.com/G4tTvfDk4F
-AJ + (@ajplus) November 17, 2021
Zhang, 75, served as Vice Premier of China from 2013 to 2018 and is a close ally of President Xi Jinping. He did not respond to Peng’s allegations.
China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs insisted on Friday that it “does not understand” Peng Shuai’s situation because Report ESPN made absurd claims against ChiComs, especially because Peng’s allegations were made against a friend of Xi’s. “I don’t know” is an old Beijing card Lie naked.
The United Nations said it needed evidence of Peng’s whereabouts and called for investigations to be conducted “with complete transparency.” Start holding your breath 3…2…1…and then roll your eyes.
As the BBC pointed out, Peng is the former No. 1 player in doubles in the world. He has won two Grand Slam titles with doubles partner Xie Suwei at Wimbledon in 2013 and French Open in 2014. She also achieved career-high singles ranking 14th in 2011, and reached the U.S. Open singles semifinals in 2014.
Oh, before we go, how about a quick game of “Which is not like the other?” The first one?
RedState’s coverage of the NBA in the past few years, because it is related to Black Lives Matter, Uyghur Muslim Genocide, And hit Hongkong Has been extensive. Under the spotlight of the Communist Party, no one “shine” more than the hypocritical king himself. LeBron James.
Then there is Nike.
As my colleague Toldjah sister Report In August, when Nike CEO John Donahoe was asked why the shoe giant didn’t talk much about China’s human rights violations, this was the best he could do:
“China is a very important market for us. We have a long history in China. We have a very long-term vision for China. We will continue to invest in China while operating a very responsible global supply chain.”
Just Do It™-right, John?
Hong Kong damn it. Damn Uyghur Muslims. Peng Shuai damn it.
What about NBA Commissioner Adam Silver? Same as above.
At the same time, I pay tribute to Chairman Steve Simon and the Women’s Tennis Association. They adhere to principles and go to things that cowards and profit-scrapers refuse to do.
Yes, just do it.



