Review -New York is about to enter the summer, it is time to set up a new bar in my new home, equipped with all the conveniences I can afford. I like bells and whistles, even if they are more about appearance and style than efficiency. I am about gadgets. Enter the free country shop ice machine!
what is it?
The Free Village Store ice maker is a self-cleaning compact ice cube maker with an ice scoop and basket, designed for use on a countertop. It is suitable for any home kitchen, office or bar. It produces about 9 ice cubes in 6 minutes.
What’s in the box
1 x Free country shop ice maker
1 x ice scoop
1 x User Manual
Design and features
- The newly upgraded ice machine in 2021:With the newly upgraded compressor, the HZB-12/C ice maker can produce 9 ice cubes in just 5-8 minutes, and the ice capacity is 26.5 pounds in 24 hours. This ice maker will be a perfect substitute for your old refrigerator in your home.
- Ultra-quiet and durable: The operating decibel level of this ice maker is less than 45dB, allowing you to enjoy ice making in a comfortable and quiet environment even at night; equipped with a silent cooling fan, quickly dissipating heat to the compressor for long-term use.
- Self-cleaning function:This is a countertop ice maker with self-cleaning function. Just press the on/off button for 5 seconds to start the self-cleaning mode. it. It is recommended to add a small amount of lemonade and soda water for better cleaning.
- Bullet shape and available ice size: 2 optional ice cube sizes. Bullet-shaped ice is not easy to melt or stick together. There is a large translucent window for easy observation.
- Portable and compact design: The lightweight and portable design of the countertop ice maker makes it easy to store or carry.
Dimensions: 13.89 x 9.53 x 13 inches
Weight: 16.75 pounds
The photo below shows all sides of the ice maker, including the controls on the top, the interior containing the water tank, the ice bucket, the vent on the back, the fan on the side, and the drain plug on the bottom.
Setting up the ice maker to start ice making is very simple. How is this going:
After 15 minutes:
After 1 hour:
After 2 hours:
After 3 hours:
After 3 hours, the image below shows that about half of the reservoirs are still present, which shows that each full water reservoir can produce twice the amount of ice shown in the photo.
As you can see from the photos, this ice maker can work, but is more suitable for specific situations where delivery speed and ice volume are not overwhelming demands. It is relatively quiet, and the ice it produces is perfect for cooling any beverage of your choice.
Although I insist on making big ice “cubes” because I like that size, the following is a photo showing the small cubes it makes. These little cubes are the first output after about 9 minutes:
what do I like
- Build quality
- This concept
- The ice “cubes” it produces
- Relatively quiet operation
- Ease of use
What will i change
- Need to make ice faster
I like the manufacturing quality and features of Free Village Store Ice Maker, it will definitely offer casual drinks somewhere behind my home bar. Obviously, its use must be planned, because if some guests accidentally show up, it will not be able to produce enough ice quickly enough. I really like the big ice cubes it makes, and I am not a fan of small ice cubes. By the way, the word “cube” does not represent the shape of the ice produced. The shape of ice is more like a bullet. In addition, although portable, it may be lighter and heavier than some people think.
price: $159.99 (there is a $25 coupon on Amazon)
Where to buy: Amazon
source: A sample of this review is provided by Free Village Store