The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Lithuania stated that the Belarusian authorities have ordered the removal of immigrants from warehouses near the Polish border and Minsk, which may lead to renewed attempts to push large numbers of immigrants into the European Union.
At the height of last month’s crisis, thousands of migrants were trapped on the eastern border of the European Union. The European Union called this a Minsk crisis, caused by issuing Belarusian visas in the Middle East, sending them in and pushing them across the border. of.
The leader of Belarus, Alexander Lukashenko, stated that the European Union deliberately provoked the humanitarian crisis.
The number of migrants trying to cross the border from Belarus has decreased in recent weeks, but Lithuania says they may soon face a new wave.
“We have received information about the removal of illegal immigrants from the Bruzgy border crossing and Minsk warehouses ordered by the President of Belarus, Alexander Lukashenko, so we will soon try to push these immigrants into Lithuania, Poland and Latvia,” The Minister of the Interior of Lithuania, Agni Bilotet, told Monday (December 20).
She said that Belarus may currently have about 3,000-4,000 immigrants.
On Monday, reporters were unable to reach officials of the Belarusian Ministry of Internal Affairs for comment.
The Deputy Minister of the Interior of Lithuania, Kestutis Lancinskas (Kestutis Lancinskas) stated that the ministry learned of the order through “analysis of information in public spaces,” but declined to elaborate.



