Review – When I moved into my new home office/studio, it was obvious that all the equipment I installed would run day and night, and it was only a matter of time before I needed air conditioning in the summer. Let us see if this TaoTronics 8000 BTU window air conditioner meets the requirements.
what is it?
TaoTronics window air conditioner 8000 BTU is an extremely quiet window air conditioner from Energy Star.
What’s in the box
1 x TaoTronics window air conditioner 8000 BTU
1 remote control
1 x Installation hardware set
Design and features
- Faster and stronger cooling capacity: The 8000 BTU window air conditioner is powerful and can provide fast and efficient air cooling for a single bedroom or a small living room up to 350 square feet.
- Three in one function: This newly designed window air conditioner combines the functions of air conditioning, dehumidification and fan-only mode. It can remove up to 2.43 pints of excess water per hour and provides 4 fan speeds to meet your specific needs.
- LED digital display: All functions can be set on the LED digital display panel, including fan speed selection, sleep mode, 24-hour timer, energy saving mode, automatic mode and fan only.
- Low noise and energy saving: Unlike ordinary window air conditioners, TaoTronics air conditioners are controlled by two independent motors to achieve the best balance of high performance and low noise. This ENERGY STAR certified air conditioner has an energy efficiency rating (EER) of 12.1, which can effectively save energy while keeping you cool and comfortable in the hot summer.
- Quick and easy installation: Specially designed to install windows from 25 inches to 36 inches wide and with a minimum height of 13.5 inches (slide up and down), including all window installation kits for easy installation. The reusable and washable air filter can be easily slid out and cleaned with warm water and detergent for best performance. Before reinstalling, make sure that the air filter is completely dry.
- 8,000 BTU cooling power
- 43dB quiet operation
- energy Star
- 4 fan speeds
- 5 working modes
- Digital Display
- Temperature sensor remote control
This TaoTronics air conditioner uses a traditional AC design, with air shutters on the top front and a filter under the front vent door. It also comes with a remote control that can handle all functions.
This air conditioner is installed in the same way as most traditional window installations. Here are some snapshots of my installation process:
The air conditioner has a filter under the front vent, which can be removed for cleaning:
Once the air conditioner was turned on and running, I decided to perform a decibel test because one of the main problems was that it was very quiet.
I didn’t have another 8000 BTU AC for comparison test, so I did a decibel test on Frigidaire 10,200 BTU AC.
This TaoTronics AC is a good device and it works well in my office. It has all the features I like, including a full-featured remote control. Although it claims to be very quiet, I cannot use it while recording.
what do I like
- Beautiful simple and stylish design
- Easy to install
- good performance
- Provides good cooling options
- Good build quality
What will i change
- Because it claims to be very quiet, so I will make it quieter
Like all TatTronics products I have tested, this air conditioner will not disappoint. It works well and cools down my office/studio, my office/studio is usually very warm due to all the equipment. This is not very quiet as I am talking, especially when I am recording, but it can cool the room very well, I run it before recording, and the room stays cool for a few hours. The remote control works well and controls enough functions, I never have to actually touch the AC. I do not currently use the dehumidification function, but I know I will use it.
price: 369.99 USD
Where to buy: TaoTronics website
source: The samples for this evaluation are provided by Taotronics