If you are looking for a new set of headphones, there are countless choices in terms of type, brand, and price, which can be overwhelming. In addition, there are several aspects to consider when choosing a headset that you may not know.Therefore, we have compiled a list of the most important things to consider before Buy headphones.
There are a large number of audio brands on the market, including some well-known brands in the industry, as well as many new brands that are becoming more and more popular due to product quality and/or price.
Sony, Jabra, AKG by Harman Audio, Sennheiser, Bose, Skullcandy are all well-known audio brands. On the other hand, Leaf, Noise, Boat, and Mivi are some of the most economical and new audio brands.
What should I consider when buying headphones/earphones?
1. Headphone type
2. Wired, wireless or true wireless
3. What else should be considered before buying?
1. Headphone type
After you determine the budget for your upcoming purchase, the first thing you need to do is to choose your favorite headset type. In-ear, in-ear, and over-ear headphones are the three main types of headphones.
In-ear: In-ear headphones, usually called in-ear headphones or earplugs, are the most portable of the three types and can be inserted into the ear canal.Small and light, excellent sound insulation, suitable for active lifestyle, is earbudsHowever, it is easily tangled, and the sound quality is usually not up to the requirements.
In-ear style: Earphones that are located on top of the outer ear but do not completely enclose or enclose your ears are called in-ear style or “super ear style.” In these headphones, the headphone strap is usually on or behind your head.
These headphones are usually smaller and lighter than headphones, and come in open and closed styles. Compared with headphones, headphones also allow more ambient noise to pass through.
The relative compactness and the fact that it generates less heat on the ears than headphones are some of the advantages of headphones. But it is uncomfortable and the sound insulation effect is relatively poor.
Over-ear: Over-ear headphones are earphones that surround the ears. These are the largest of the three earphones, available in closed and open styles. Enclosed headphones have excellent natural sound insulation, and headphones are usually the most comfortable of the three styles.
It usually has excellent sound quality, followed by more prominent bass and sound field, but it is expensive and generates more heat in the ears.
2. Wired, wireless or true wireless
Wired versions, including in-ear, on-ear, and over-ear, are generally considered to be the more reliable choice in the audio world. In addition, since the analog signal obtained by wired headsets can carry more data than Bluetooth, audiophiles often swear by the sound quality of wired headsets.
However, unlike Wireless Headphones, Wired headsets have no delay and do not need to replace the battery regularly. In addition, in order to solve the problem of the lack of 3.5 mm jacks in smartphones, many now offer USB-C and Lightning versions. On the other hand, cables sometimes present problems because some of them are particularly prone to tangles and/or breaks.
Consumers are slowly but steadily adopting wireless headphones and earphones as their preferred listening options. The removal of 3.5 mm audio jacks from smartphones has accelerated this trend. It can also increase mobility by eliminating all wires, eliminating the need for headbands and cables to connect two earplugs or earmuffs.
On the other hand, wireless headsets are generally more expensive than wired headsets. Another problem is that they have to charge regularly. The average battery life of wireless headphones is 15-30 hours, while the battery life of wireless headphones is 6-18 hours.
True wireless headphones, new kids in this neighborhood, have become a very popular field of audio equipment. They are in-ear headphones, housed in a housing that can also be used as a charging station. They are lightweight, have no ropes and tangles, and are very suitable for an active lifestyle.
Most of them also have a long battery life. The headset can be used for an average of 5-8 hours, and the charging box can be charged an additional 2-3 times. However, due to their small size, they are very easy to misplace.
What else should you consider before buying?
1. leakage: When sound escapes from the earphones and is heard by people around, sound leakage occurs. Compared to closed earphones with sturdy casings, open earphones tend to leak more sound. Some listeners like the open sound of the open design because it allows them to hear some external noise, but others value the sound insulation provided by the closed design.
2. volume control: During activities or exercise, the volume control (preferably on the cable) can come in handy, so you don’t have to fidget or have to look at the music player. Because the 3.5 mm plug has different functions.
3. cable length: The cable should be long enough so that you can easily access the music player without being entangled in excess cables.
4. Sound quality: The sound quality of music is very important. Even with the most expensive headphones, digital files that have been extensively compressed or sampled at a low rate will not produce great music.
5. Comfort and fit: It is important to choose headphones that will keep you comfortable for a long time. Headphones are usually the most comfortable, but there are several factors to keep in mind. When buying an over-ear headband, make sure it does not stick into the top of your head or make you feel any discomfort. Also, make sure that the earmuffs are plush and soft. Memory foam earmuffs are the best because they fit the specific shape of your ears.
6. Noise reduction: Noise reduction is already a standard feature of high-end audio equipment, and users are increasingly looking forward to it. They work by using the microphone in the headset to analyze environmental noise, and then generate “opposite” sound waves to completely cancel it out. If you are often in a noisy environment or frequently fly, noise-canceling headphones are handy because they can even eliminate small unpleasant sounds.
In the end, it all boils down to the circumstances under which you want to use it.
We hope we can help you purchase your next earphone/headphone more easily!